Job TitleManagement Assistant
In this role you have the opportunity to
Provide secretarial support to the Business Leader Garment Care in the Amsterdam Headquarters. The Management assistant needs to be pro-active in enabling decision making and prioritization as well as be comfortable with independent decision making. In view of the nature of the interactions and the speed of action it is critical that you are skilled at maintaining key relationships and able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
You are responsible for:
- Possess an overall knowledge of the main departmental projects and daily priorities in order to ensure smooth information and work flow internally and externally.
- Performs, entirely independently, the full range of secretarial tasks which involve a very high level of responsibility and detail as well as of a confidential nature for an Executive and his team (20 people)
- Arranges, coordinates, and prepares meetings, conference calls, videoconferences, and other related events.
- Assists with and coordinate company and business events.
- Screens independently incoming calls, e-mail and correspondence and responds in a timely and professional manner.
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Liaises with various departments and levels in company.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Organizes flights and hotels and manage logistics whilst traveling in an effective and efficient manner.
- General administration and calendar management. Prepares and submits expense reports on a timely basis.
You are part of
The position of Management Assistant is located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and you will join the Business Group Domestic Appliances. The Amsterdam team consists of 20 team members, whereas the team consists globally of 100 colleagues to collaborate with.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A completed Bachelor degree
- Approximately 3 - 5 years of experience as an Management Assistant in a fast-paced environment (international)
- Problem solving – independently identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; escalates when necessary
- Interpersonal – maintains confidentiality; shows maturity and professionalism in dealing with others
- Written communication – writes clearly and informatively;
- Punctuality, adaptability, business acumen and professionalism
- Business fluency in English (written & verbal)
- Available for at least 36 hours
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top