Job TitleMaintenance Technician
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide maintenance trouble shooting experience and repairs on the production lines.
You are responsible to
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair production equipment including, high speed lathes, mills, honing, circular and seam TIG welders, roll formers, leak detectors, compressed gas systems, 50Hz generator, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Setting up new production lines with power, compressed air, IT drops, and equipment placement. Other responsibilities vary greatly and will include general facility operation maintenance such as: repair/install plumbing fixtures, piping and compressed air lines, painting, carpentry work, flooring, drywall, etc.
- Knowledge in fabrication work for metal, wood, plastics and ordering/maintaining parts inventory.
- Candidate should also have a working knowledge of machine tool operations and capabilities with an understanding of close tolerance machining, CNC and manual turning and milling of various metal and plastic component parts.
- Candidate should be able to troubleshoot both electrical and mechanical issues using various test instruments (amprobe, multimeter, manometer, etc.), calibrated tools, and laptop to PLC interfaces. Complex electrical issues may require tracing wiring diagrams and ladder logic to find and solve problems.
- Must be open to working overtime hours
- Quickly identify and correct problematic or malfunctioning manufacturing equipment including documenting all repairs according to established procedures.
- Observe and train operators when incorrect usage of manufacturing equipment occurs and train operators on the proper use of new equipment. Perform preventative maintenance following the established procedures and document when completed into the Preventive Maintenance database.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of vendors and contractors related to all building systems and assist management in selecting and coordinating work of contractors.
- Skills such as organizing, timely decision making, planning and priority setting. Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail. Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing: suggestions and concerns, generate solutions, and provide positive interaction and feedback with peers and internal departments at meetings. Display a high standard of ethical conduct. Exhibit honesty and integrity. Committed to quality service.
You are a part of
Philips Respironics facility in Kennesaw, Georgia.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- HS or GED required
- Trade or technical school and/or Journeyman skills
- 2 years' experience OR a minimum of 4 years' experience in production machine maintenance in an industrial environment.
- Must possess a basic understanding of detailed electronic schematics, mechanical drawings, electrical and mechanical assemblies, electrical and laboratory measurement equipment.
- Must be computer literate, including experience with (Microsoft word and Excel).
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing or related environment required. Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing CNC controlled close tolerance machining centers such as lathes, mills, and honing machines is preferred.
- Work is varied and performed throughout the entire facility and requires sitting, standing, and walking.
- The nature of the position requires incumbent to have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds and be able to work with others on the physical movement of office and shop equipment.
- This will require occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling squatting, crawling, twisting, bending at the waist and reaching. Fine motor skills will be necessary to compute input related activities, as well as, repairing electronic equipment.
In return, we offer you
An opportunity to work with a dynamic team from Managers to CNC machinists , all striving to do their very best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top