Job TitleMaintenance Mechanic/Electrician
We have a dynamic and rewarding career opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician in Latham, NY. The Latham MR Magnets facility is a manufacturing and development site for Magnetic Resonance Imaging magnets and other superconducting products used in Philips Magnetic Resonance Imaging and other customers. This site is part of the Magnetic Resonance Business Innovation Unit in Philips Healthcare.
In this role as Maintenance Mechanic duties include but not limited to:
- Heavy focus on preventive maintenance, maintenance repairs and troubleshooting equipment.
- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic manufacturing equipment.
- Works primarily from general verbal instructions, but also from maintenance schedules, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and/or written instructions.
- Troubleshoot machine down situations in the factory and diagnose complex equipment failures including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems and ensure timely corrective action
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 year electrical degree or equivalent military training or certified apprenticeship.
- Able to read schematics: hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical (any or all)
- Able to multitask and troubleshoot equipment breakdown in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work overtime and weekends as necessary
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top