Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to and enforce safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Audit shipments to assure quality and accuracy.
- Work with multiple software systems such as SAP, Philips owned, carrier websites, etc., in the movement, tracking, and tracing of shipments in support of the Ultrasound Business.
- Trouble-shoot routine/semi-routing day-to-day logistics issues, following established procedures and direction from leadership as required for obtaining results.
- Actively participate in (and occasionally lead) team meetings, kaizen improvement events, 6S improvement events, and continuous process improvement/problem-solving exercises.
- Provide alternate perspectives to team discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Provide data and reports regarding departmental and organizational performance.
- Report issues/blockers up to management for quick resolution and minimal customer impact.
- Ensure training assigned are kept up-to-date and are followed.
- At the direction of the manager or lead, take on day-to-day projects of varying scope and manage them through to the finish.
Desired experience: 1+ years of experience in a position or specialization which relates to transportation, logistics, dangerous goods, import and export.
Education: High school or GED required. Bachelors or equivalent experience is preferred.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top