Logistic Manager US (Atlanta, GA area based)
Job TitleLogistic Manager US (Atlanta, GA area based)
Your challenge is to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and emotion – delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world.
In the newly created position of Logistics Manager, you will be part of Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS), a Philips Emerging Business. You will be challenged to manage logistics and inventory in multiple locations to support our customers and internal Sales and Service colleagues. A key function of this role will be to assess the current suppliers environment and processes for tracking and shipping inventory and make recommendationsimprove to create a compliant and highly efficient organization for our current needs and for future growth.
- Provide excellent service to Philips customers and internal Sales and Service colleagues
- Manage and control inventory flow and
- eEnsure effective levels of service asre provided by 3rd party logistics providers
- Implement US logistics blueprint in line with PDPS quality management system
- Ensure quality and compliance requirements are met
- Liaison with US service & sales team / Philips Health Tech (Customer Fulfillment Center) and headquarters in Best, NL
- Manage US logistic service provider(s)
- Report on and communicate to appropriate parties on US logistics (KPIs)
- Recommend and support changes in procedures to improve the operational efficiency of the unit
- Ensure the department meets all transportation laws
- Ensure the department’s cost-efficient operation by implementing and selecting the most cost-efficient carrier, negotiate on shipping rates, as appropriate, etc.
When you walk into work you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 330 employees spread across 8 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an “early joiner” to the Philips Emerging Businesses family which plans to expand itself by approximately 700 members in the next 3 years.
You will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager in Best, Netherlands and work closely with the US based and international team. The Director Customer Service is based in Atlanta area and will coach and support the new joiner. This It is a remote/work from home position but we are looking for candidates in the Atlanta/Alpharetta, GA area. Domestic travel up to 50%, and occasional international travel, will be required.
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, the Emerging Businesses leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
We are looking for
- 8+ years of experience as Logistics Manager in a complex multi-national organization
- Bachelor degree, or advanced degree, in Supply Chain Management or a closely related major
- Prior experience assessing procedures and creating/implementing new procedures and systems
- Exceptional ability to create and maintain lines of communication with a geographically disbursed team
- Systematical and analytical person who is able to act pragmatically
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a preferred
- Experience with logistics in a medical device company, or other highly regulated industry
- Experience managing 3rd party logistics providers in multiple locations
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office and have experience with an enterprise system such as SAP or Oracle
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top