If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Direct the compliance activities for Philips' Image Guided Therapy Device (IGT-D) business, and will have responsibility for commercial legal support for IGT-D in North America.
You are responsible for
- Bringing visibility to and monitor compliance with the Code of Conduct for Interactions with HCPs, Simply Right, General Business Principles and other standards of conduct outlined by Philips.
- Providing practical legal counselling and commercial contracting support for the applicable businesses' R&D, clinical research, regulatory, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, marketing (including review of promotional materials), sales, and service activities;
- Assisting in the development of system-wide programs, policies, and procedures to help Philips comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, including the management of a Fair Market Value program.
- Providing guidance on appropriate interactions with Health Care Providers.
- Developing and implementing a compliance program that includes the fundamental elements of an effective compliance program as recommended by the Department of Justice.
- Managing and overseeing the compliance training plan and participating in the development of the annual plan.
- Assist in the periodic auditing and monitoring activities, communications to the business, and process for obtaining management response to any identified gap.
- Assisting, and leading reviews of concerns raised through the Philips Ethics line or other reporting mechanisms.
- Identifying the legal compliance risks existing within our various business models, and implementing mechanisms to monitor and mitigate those risks.
- Participating in the assessing the effectiveness of the Philips compliance function within the US.
- Performing research to identify areas of government enforcement trends and propose proactive initiatives to mitigate risk for the organization.
You are a part of
The Legal Compliance team reporting to the Head of Legal Compliance of NAM.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- JD and Bar Admission required.
- 6+ years of healthcare compliance experience, Medical Device experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in the area of Medicare Fraud and Abuse, Sunshine Act and other laws and codes of conduct pertaining to interactions with health care professionals required.
- Experience with commercial/transactional support for the development, purchase and sale of medical devices and services; clinical research trials - both sponsored and investigator initiated studies; procurement and consulting services.
- Experience in the image-guided therapies space is desirable.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and other communications skills; Strong Microsoft, SharePoint and Tableau skills wanted.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization consisting of attorneys, paralegals, compliance professionals, and business leaders.
- Meaningful project management experience preferred.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to San Diego, CA.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Back to top