Job TitleLegal Counsel
You are responsible for
- Provides legal advice to business that can be defined or established within the clear definition of the law.
- Arranges and administers draft standard agreements or contracts.
- Provides research, factual information, counsel, and guidance on straightforward legal questions or issues.
- Assists in the preparation of cases for litigation, reviewing complex documents relating to transactions in which the company is to participate.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The development of the solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of principles, theories and concepts.
- Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems that cannot be found by combining previous experiences but by composing newly acquired knowledge.
- May lead multi-disciplinary change projects, managing a number of people. Works independently and provides consultative advice within specific functional areas.
- Introduces methods/procedures that are new for the organization.
- Applies advanced process principles to multiple tasks. Proficient in area of specialization and contributes in other disciplines. Determines feasibility of concepts or projects. Has basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Provide business integrity trainings and compliance trainings to employees across the continent of Africa.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- An Admitted attorney.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, LLB
- Minimum 5 years of related experience post articles.
- Theoretical knowledge of legal affairs.
- Good legal experience from a reputable law firm or corporate
- Experience in drafting distribution agreements and non-standard contract templates.
- Good understanding project related contracts like MES Contract, PFI Contract and PPP Contracts.
- Acts as 'main collecting point' for the day-to- day issues.
- Career-level professionals, who are fully qualified, experienced professionals.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Has a complete knowledge of company products and services.
- Frequently interacts with customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Handles straightforward contracts, including routine revisions.
- Arranges tailor-made contracts, often derived from a standard model.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Arranges standard contracts.
- Results are checked by Senior Legal Counsel.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programmes.
The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a South African Citizen by birth or Naturalisation prior to the 27 April 1994.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top