Lean Champion - MR Magnets
Job TitleLean Champion – MR Magnets
Lean Leader MR Operations, Philips Healthcare Health (Latham, NY)
As Lean Leader for the Philips Healthcare, MR Operations organization in Latham, US, you will provide Lean expertise in support of Philips Excellence LEAN Manufacturing program.
Goal is to transform the factory to clearly add value in the eye of the customer, eliminate waste, facilitate product flow and manage toward perfection.
The Lean Leader is the Lean Champion and main Change Agent for coordinating all Lean activities including value stream mapping, Kaizen events, 5S, cell working and Lean Training/deployment.
You will need to develop further- and execute a Lean Manufacturing program within the MR Operations organization in Latham, US.
Next to this he/she needs to ensure that the goals of Lean Manufacturing program are achieved within the targeted time periods and that continuous improvement initiatives are sustainable.
- Active participation in defining and implementing Lean Maturity Roadmaps and annual Lean Strategic Plans
- Management of mini-transformations (defining work plans, coordinating team members). Maintains strong communications and partners with other Lean Leaders to ensure consistent application of lean tools and a high degree of standardization between plants of MR
- Value Stream Mapping and gap closure
- Evaluate and prepare Lean Training Plan as well as training and coaching line Management and new transformation trainees to secure ownership
- Track and record Lean Team Activities (5S, Philips Excellence Training, Kaizen)
- Define, coordinate, implement and certify self-directed work teams (SDWT)
- Responsible for Lean assessment, implementation and follow-up
- Play an active role as change agent to facilitate implementation of Lean initiatives
- Establish processes to ensure knowledge sharing across units and MR sites
- Not only accountable for the broad-based application of Lean principles throughout the organization but also responsible for ensuring the sustainability of the Lean program via generating enthusiasm for Lean and ensuring that trained Lean resources are in place on an ongoing basis
- Consistent achievement of financial and other performance indicators
- Drive Lean Training and be the reference point for Global Lean community
- Encourage Networking and be the catalyst in best practice sharing
- Effective change management experience and skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor / Masters’ degree in engineering, engineering technology or other technical concentration highly desired
- At least 5 years of working experience in Engineering, Manufacturing or Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 2-3 years of management/supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience and strong knowledge & skills relative to Lean principles and practices and project management
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal skills) with employees at all levels of the organization, ability to coach, motivate and mobilize others
- Desire and ability to serve as a role model and champion of Lean in order to recruit and develop future lean trainees
- Ability to define solutions and to convert solutions into action steps
- Ability to do sustained, hard, detailed work, at times operate under a certain level of instability and meet aggressive target dates
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow:
Philips’ dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top