Lead UX Developer
Lead UX Developer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of Innovation Solution Hub's core team, part of a global incubator that will serve the needs of target customer segments across North America. New business creation and development is vital for the success of Philips on its mission to become a leading integrated solutions provider across the health continuum, leveraging new digital technologies and innovative business models.
We are looking for a seasoned User Experience (UX) Developer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX developer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
You are responsible for
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitating the client's product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital product
- Design and delivery of wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identifying design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Making strategic design and user experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and documentation of high performance clinical software applications.
- Working together with clinicians, business analysts, testers, and other software developers to analyze workflow, identify areas for improvement, and implement components and processes to improve our informatics solution.
- Ensuring a high level of software quality by following standards, writing unit tests, and is fully tested before delivery.
- Appling software development practices for object oriented architecture, design, implementation, test and documentation of applications and features for distributed applications.
You are a part of
The Philips Innovation & Strategy group board that reports into the Philips Research North America Organization. The Philips North America Research organization is based at our Innovation Campus in Cambridge Massachusetts. The Philips Research organization includes 1300 scientists collaborating with over 300 universities and clinical partners globally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of UX design experience. Preference for experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, etc. is a must
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top