IT Technical Specialist, Singapore and Emerging Market
Job TitleIT Technical Specialist, Singapore and Emerging Market
Responsible for the management of technical escalations by being the pivot point towards Cluster Modality Performance Managers and Business Unit / Business Line.
Responsible for functional coaching of the Field Services Engineers (FSE's) of the district in the modality of the Technical Support Specialist.
- Support Project Managers with technical related question with regards to new installations.
- Provide support to sales team with technical details for tender process.
- Support sales team and Project Manager with the introduction of new products.
- Determine the unit effective list for Field Change Orders (FCO's) and prepare and guide the FCO implementation process.
- Ensure that FCO track is updated.
- Work together with Field Services Engineers (FSE's) in the execution of corrective maintenance, planned maintenance and FCO's.
- Coach the district FSE's in how they perform their work.
- Ensure the compliance to safety and regulatory requirements.
- Act as first point of contact for FSE's with regards to technical questions.
- Support escalations for their modality.
- Create Visual Philips Escalation Resolution (VIPER) Cases and manage the follow-up.
- Create Field Problem Reports (FPR's).
- Maintain relation with the Cluster Modality Performance Managers and with Service Innovation of the Business Unit (BU) / Business Line (BL).
- Support BU / BL flying squad customer visits.
- Implement improvement actions as initiated by the Cluster Modality Performance Manager.
- Advice the Technical Support & Clinical Application Manager for the needed investments in tools & test equipment.
- Advice the Technical Support & Clinical Application Manager and / or the Regional Customer Services & Operations Manager where to reallocate modality FSE's for a balanced workload in the districts.
- Advice the District Operational Manager with regards to required modality resources and needed technical product training.
- Review the FSE performance to act as second assessor in the PPM.
- Advice the Regional Customer Services & Operations Manager on required resources in the districts.
- Request and advice for investment budget for tools & test equipment.
- Act as second assessor in the PPM of FSE's.
- Create a managerial escalation in case of an out of control technical escalation.
- Create VIPER cases.
- Technical escalation (average open days)
- Field Change Orders (FCO's) overdue
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Degree level education in Electronics or equivalent.
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of technical complex systems.
- Experience in Customer Services or Customer Relations.
- Excellent technical product knowledge in expertise domain.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top