IT Procurement Manager
IT Procurement Manager
Commodity (Procurement) Manager IT
Are you the highly talented Procurement professional with a commercial as well as IT sourcing background and currently seeking a new challenge?
As IT Commodity Manager, you will be part of Philips Global IT Procurement team and managing significant portfolio of IT spend. Your accountabilities include; initiate and manage tender projects, drive cost savings through contracts negotiations as well as the effective management of contracts and spend.
We are looking for a highly energetic and flexible procurement professional with the right mindset, and strong drive for results. You will source, contract and manage suppliers who have a strong impact on our companies' future IT landscape.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual who aspire to work at the edge of technology, and is able to deliver cost savings and create value through effective supply base strategies and management.
- Source, negotiate and ensure contract compliancy for Software, IT Services and Infrastructure.
- Sourcing, development, and qualification of suppliers that meet the business requirements
- Provide direction and leadership of supplier relationships, supplier negotiations and supplier performance measurement and feedback programs
- Ultimately responsible for the negotiation process for the assigned area and for delivering the total cost of ownership to support the profitability objectives
- Capture Supplier market trends and market offerings and analyze the impact against benchmarks
- Review, control and report on current cost base and total cost of ownership
- Challenge current cost base, through negotiation, benchmarking and tendering (RfX)
- Deliver costs savings target in compliance with category strategies and budgets
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- Negotiate supply terms and contracts in line with standard terms and conditions
- Effectively collaborates with other corporate functions like Finance, Legal, Audit, Vendor management.
You are part of:
Indirect Materials and Services (IMS) is the one Philips provider for non-product related (NPR) purchasing services. Operating as one Service Organization for Philips allows IMS to add maximum value to the Philips bottom line. IMS delivers a closed loop purchasing cycle, covering strategic/tactical sourcing (creation of contracts).
The Commodity Manager in IT is part of the Global IT Commodity Cluster, with Commodity Managers in four different countries and three different continents. You interact with executives within Philips and IT suppliers all around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Proven track record as IT procurement practitioner
- MBA or CPSM certified
- Local US Market Knowledge highly preferred
- Qualifications and experience around Game Theory, LEAN and Project Management
- Experience of negotiating global agreements for Software, IT Services and IT Infrastructure
- Ability to undertake total cost of ownership analysis, summarize results and make recommendations
- Deep understanding of Contracting models, principles and structuring of Commercial schedules
- Ability to deliver effective contract governance at all levels
- Experience in a large multinational environment
- Ability to work in virtual team structure and effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels, both internally and with suppliers
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top