Internship: Shopper Marketing (Thesis possible)
Job TitleInternship: Shopper Marketing (Thesis possible)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Shopper Marketing specialist function in all its aspects with a focus to the omni-shopper. You will learn why Retail is Detail and how you can drive success at Point of Sale (online/offline) through analyzing and activating shopper insights. Be prepared to take initiative, follow through your work and develop your listening and analytical skills.
You are responsible for
- Communication between the Business Group Domestic Appliances (BG DA) and the markets (Marketing Manager & Trade Shopper Marketing Manager).
- A+ pages – gather content from shopper team and CMM and create brief to share with supplier and ensure all deliverables are on par with brief
- Cross DA feature shopper communication alignment
- Identify all available and future roadmap features
- Identify current communication for each feature
- Work with Copywriter to ensure communication is shopper proof
- Map all new feature descriptions
- Train CMMs together with basic asset manager on usage of the map
- Content checks focus e-tailers key markets (e.g. is the content complete, how we can support).
- Send missing content to our key markets for specific retailer
- Collect best practices (to share & re-apply in other markets)
- Updating PAL with the correct keywords
- Making & updating a list of relevant links for all the markets (PAL, FYP, SharePoint links, research found, etc.)
- Close-the-loop data gathering so we can report success of banners/displays more precisely.
- Updating tracker sheet for shopper toolkits
You are a part of
Philips Personal Health in the Domestic Appliances Business Group. Business Group DA manages creation, development and market introduction of products and propositions globally. Our products are in the areas of Kitchen Appliances, Garment Care, Floor Care and Air. Within Business Group DA, you will be part of the Global Marketing Team to support the Global Shopper Marketing Director.
You will be located within our head office in Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying towards your Bachelor/Master degree in: Business Administration, Business Management, Communications or Marketing
- Being pragmatic
- With a strong affinity with Retail environment and Downstream Marketing (Retail Marketing specialization is a plus)
- Creative, able to think "out of the box" and a problem solver
- Has great qualities for project & time management involving stakeholders with different cultural background and expertise
- Fluent in oral and written English
In return, we offer you
An internship of minimum 6 months (ideally 12 months) on operational Downstream Marketing Project management in a global business environment, working with global markets.
After the internship you will have, a clear idea about what Shopper Marketing is at Philips Personal Health what it can bring to a company and why it is part of the Management agenda.
Thesis can be discussed and included, with the restriction that you will have the Friday afternoon to work on your thesis.
We are looking for students able to start as soon as possible, but no later than October 2017!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply as soon as possible. This position will be removed from the internet per 03-09-2017!
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top