Job TitleInternship: Finance
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we're looking for?
- During the internship you will:
- become familiar with the customer/vendor finance activities of a multinational and the
full range of customer financing solutions/products
- gain insight in what customer financing solutions look like
- gain insight in what international banks have to offer.
- Philips Capital contributes to the growth of Philips by actively offering customer financing solutions. We have a Global Customer Financing team, developing and providing financing solutions for our customers in the Healthcare business. Philips Capital is there for all Global Philips activities.
As Philips preferably finances its customers with external bank funding, it's key to have a good overview of what the banks and other financial institutions have to offer. At same time we need to keep a tight control and management of our on-balance positions to assure a portfolio of good quality and adequate return.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who will support our team in this effort.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of the Philips Capital Center of Expertise, which is based in Amsterdam. You will also interact with the Philips Capital colleagues around the globe.
You are responsible for
- Supporting the team with deal structuring and negotiations with financing partners
- supporting the PDSF team, with going through deal documentations and ensuring that they meet the accounting requirement for revenue recognition
You are a part of
PDSF team (Amsterdam Office). You will be a part of a very experienced, international team, working on deals from across the globe. This coupled with the opportunity to make a difference in Philips and gaining exposure to the world of customer financing.
- Duration: 6 - 12 months
- Available per: As soon as possible
We are looking for
Students currently studying towards their Masters (Msc.) in Finance or any related field.
- Good proficiency in English is a must; working knowledge of Spanish will be preferred.
- Accurate and self-starting
- Strong communication skills and like to work in teams in a dynamic environment of a new company
- Corporate Finance and Financial Markets and Accounting knowledge
- Previous internship experience desirable
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
- • Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- • Resume
- • Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top