Internship: Corporate Finance & Treasury
Job TitleInternship: Corporate Finance & Treasury
In this role, you have the opportunity to
By translation available data sources into structured information and guidance, we enable an enriched decision making process in Board of Management meetings to increase value for Philips.
You are responsible for
- Work with the team lead on Capex post review, template improvements and ppt's to CFO
- Another tbd specific project relevant for 1H'18.
- Support the Latest View process, consolidation, and analytics (Philips group P&L).
- Support the January, March & June Rolling Forecast process, analysis and presentation (Philips Group P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow).
You are a part of
The Corporate Finance Analyst team focusses on performance measurement, control, and analysis of Philips Group results. By analyzing financial datasets and analytics from the 'Group Accounting & Consolidation' and the 'Advanced Reporting & Analytics' teams, the 'Corporate Analyst team' is the primary source of financial explanation and understanding for the Philips Executive Committee, the Investor Relations department, Corporate Treasury, and Group Strategy.
By leading the 'Strategic Plan' and 'Annual Operating Plan' processes the team operates as sparring partner to the broader company. Throughout the planning & performance cycles we are active in monitoring business performance and providing business leaders with clear explanations for performance variances and deliver actionable insights to achieve targets. With clear understanding of the results we initiate the narrative of external communication in platforms such as the annual report, quarterly press releases, and Capital Market Day presentations, but also internal communication for ExCo and SvB meetings on "Performance & Outlook" of the financial performance.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your Master degree in a Business Economics, Finance and/ or Accounting oriented study.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is a pre.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Accounting and valuation knowledge is a pre.
- Able to work with remote of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn and use planning and reporting tools to realize deliverables.
- You are a team player with ability to work under pressure.
In return, we offer you
- A negotiable start-date, we do prefer students able to start as soon as possible.
- A 6-12 month internship, with a preference for at least 9 months.
- work experience in a corporate environment dealing with financials consolidated at Group level.
- to gain insights across the financial statements (P&L, BS & CF) and Philips businesses.
- learning trajectory to describe financial performance in a crisp & clear manner sensible to executive management.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top