Internship at Philips Finance
Job TitleInternship at Philips Finance
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
You love complex challenges in a dynamic and international Finance environment close to the heart of decision making. Your Finance skills are strong and your distillate problems to the core, without losing the details out of sight. You believe that analysis is an integral part of business and financial analysis is a powerful tool to make the long-term strategy. You like to work hard, but get excited by seeing your analysis being translated into actions. You are a strong communicator in discussions with stakeholders within the Finance department of Philips.
- Your responsibilities will be assisting members of the Treasury & Corporate Finance team within Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) on a wide range of complex cases related to Treasury & Corporate Finance
- You will part of the Strategic Planning process and 4-year Financial Planning process, which drives the future strategy of Philips
- You will be exposed to high profile stakeholders within Finance
FP&A is the center of complex financial analysis in the heart of the global organization.
FP&A aims to provide cost effective, reliable and meaningful information in order to enable stakeholders to have insight in the Philips performance, and support the Executive Committee and Supervisory Board in their decision-making. It aims to maintain a world-class control function worldwide. FP&A provides functional training on accounting and control processes and methods and facilities the Management Development process for the Finance function.
FP&A offers functional guidance to the Product Divisions and Businesses with respect to accounting and control issues and is Philips’ leading competence center with regard to the definition of adequate accounting policies/procedures, and to ensure external and internal compliance.
The current team comprises of >10 members on three continents.
The team analyzes complex financial challenges for key decision makers within Philips and works together with our stakeholders Finance, Investor Relations, Treasury and act as their competence center for decision making.
The internship will be used to get familiar with the projects and processes in the team. Potentially and in cooperation with other departments within Philips.
- A successful internship could translate into a job offer.
- You will be working at the head office in Amsterdam.
- We offer you the run an internship of 4-6 months.
- Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
- A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
- A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
We are looking for
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
- Currently studying towards your University Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
- Business Administration
- Business Economics
- (International) Business Management
- Are fluent in oral and written English
- Accounting and valuation knowledge is a pre
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is a strong pre
- Are a team player with ability to work under pressure
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply as soon as possible. This position will be removed from the internet per 29-01-2017!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
- if you pass the pre-selection round you will be asked to make an online ability test;
- if you achieve the required score on this test, you will be invited for Skype interviews with our Campus Recruiter;
- if you pass this interview, you will be invited for a follow-up interview with the business
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top