Interface Developer (HL7)
Job TitleInterface Developer (HL7)
A dynamic development opportunity to become part of a team working on existing and new medical software products, where your efforts will improve patients’ lives and outcomes. We are looking for strong C# developers interested in building applications, services and infrastructure for a clinical information system and associated devices, and in particular on the interfacing, IHE, and healthcare interoperability aspects of the product. Responsibilities will span the entire software development life cycle, including design, coding, and unit tests for new products. Join this exciting and driven team and contribute immediately!
Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions – Connected Care Solutions – Informatics
We are looking for a person who thrives in a new product development environment, with a consistent and aggressive commitment to the successful application I knowledge, skills, principles and practices that produce quality work and satisfied customers. The successful candidate will have experience decomposing higher-level requirements into subordinate requirements documents and tracing requirements to help successfully implement design and code components. In addition, the candidate should have experience in developing and documenting software design-level components and interfaces. Critical thinking in design and coding will be the measure of the successful candidate.
We are looking for:
- HL7 interfacing experience
- Proven ability to assess/define standard interface process flows including entry and exit points.
- Practical experience with interfacing engines (e.g., Orion Rhapsody, Capsule, Philips IBS)
- Working knowledge of data access technologies including ADO and HTTP access to SQL Server
- Creation and development of standardized interface and interoperability specifications.
- Exposure to IHE and other healthcare interoperability standards activities with the ability to understand the lower level requirements (Physical interfaces, lower level protocols, etc.)
- Clinical interface knowledge in areas of ADT, Allergies, Orders, Labs, Microbiology
- Experience in understanding various bedside device types and what the requirements are to interface them. (e.g. ventilators, infusion pumps, ECG devices, patient monitors)
- C#, .NET, WinForms- 3+ yrs experience
- Proven (hands-on) TCP/IP network skills and concepts
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top