Innovation Leader Oral Hygiene and Whitening (OHC)
Job TitleInnovation Leader Oral Hygiene and Whitening (OHC)
Sub Business Innovation Leader Oral Hygiene and Whitening (Oral Healthcare | Sonicare, Zoom)
Location: Bothell, WA
Philips Personal Health delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You; our innovative products & services aim to make a meaningful difference to people's lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is part of the Personal Health.
At Philips Oral Healthcare we are responsible for the global Power Toothbrush, Oral Hygiene and Whitening business; these products are branded Philips Sonicare and Philips Zoom. We create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle and oral health ambitions based on deep understanding of people's needs & aspirations and insights of dental professionals
The Oral Healthcare Innovation Team is responsible for the product development of Power Toothbrushes, Oral Hygiene and Whitening propositions. The team is looking at a challenging growth task to develop and bring new, innovative and increasingly digital innovation and services to the global market.
The Sub-Business Innovation Leader for the Oral Hygiene and Whitening portfolio is a key role in the Innovation Team. The Sub Business Innovation Leader is responsible for the definition of the innovation strategy and the flawless execution of the innovation roadmap, to achieve the short and long business ambitions. The roadmap covers front end innovation, advanced development and product realization.
Specifically challenging is the portfolio of medical class consumer propositions, which are combined hardware and chemistry devices.
- Have a strong Innovation Pipeline that delivers sub-business growth
- Leadership position in the Oral Healthcare Innovation Team. Leading the Oral Hygiene and Whitening product portfolio
- Ensure quality and timeliness of the E2E delivery of all sub-business Innovation, Lifecycle Management and Post Market Surveillance activities
- Manage the R&D budget of the sub-business Innovation Team
- Integrate Philips, partners and suppliers functions and drive x-functional x-site x-partner and x-cultural collaboration
- Sub-Business team building and employee engagement
- Ensure that competences, processes and tools of the sub-business Innovation Teams are in line with business needs (incl. Lean Product Development)
- Inform all stakeholders pro-actively on the status of the projects and all technical issues
- Cross-functional issue resolution within the Sub-Business (partner with functional leaders and business stakeholders)
- Master degree with 6+ years of experience in participating in multi-disciplinary product development projects
- 4+ years of project management related experience in an R&D environment.
- Experience with managing R&D budget, leading multidisciplinary teams and preferably R&D programming experience.
- Expert knowledge of product development for consumer propositions, preferably medical consumer propositions.
- Master degree in a relevant technical domain (electro/mechanical, biomechanical, systems engineering, hardware- and software competences) or natural sciences (physics, mathematics)
- Preferably experience in Design for Six Sigma and Lean Product Development
This role comes with a competitive compensation offering and a generous holiday / vacation offering, but that's not all. Innovation is right on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to come in and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, ground breaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you. And when you are successful in this role's mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies. That is a commitment Philips Quality Leadership team has made and stands by.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top