Innovation and Development Leader
Innovation and Development Leader
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Innovation & Development Leader is an integral role to the success of the Advanced Innovation Team thru contributions across marketing, technical, clinical and project services. The Innovation Leader is responsible for bringing forward new ideas, working with diverse groups to identify new opportunities for Philips Sleep and Respiratory Care division to commercialize.
You are responsible for
- Facilitate, lead and drive ideas thru incubation and business transformation to enable expansion of solutions into new markets
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of Philips to assure positive business.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit thru moving programs forward with smaller team structures, de-risking programs, underpinning business cases, etc.
- Drive process for transferring ideas into ideation then to incubation then to business groups for regional/global commercialization
- Co-manage the project portfolio, support development of prioritization, resource requirements and execute the programs within the AI team.
- Manage diverse team that maybe remote, setting KPI's and driving performance to execution
- Develop and nurture internal and external relationships to help identify new ideas, establish pathways for advancing programs, and to propagate new ideas within the industry
- Test the soundness of ideas, challenge the development path to ensure outcomes are achieved, maintain a focus on what the customer needs, and be the voice of the program within the business
The I&D leader is a member of the Advanced Innovation Leadership team. Philips has a mission to improve the lives of three billion people a year by 2025, and in 2016 alone, improved 2.1 lives globally. Over the past ten years, in an effort to leverage its growing connected landscape to innovate new and impactful services and help people sleep and breathe better, Philips collected more than 2.5 billion nights of cloud-based data from more than 5 million connected sleep therapy and ventilation devices. Philips continues to pioneer the advancement of digital and health innovation.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 10+ years of engineering management experience
- Preference for Masters in Business or equivalent experience
- Development in software, hardware and services businesses
- Having experience in an incubator/start-up setting. Knowing how to move programs forward with smaller budgets, selling the story and de-risking programs to underpin business cases
- Experience in Medical and/or Consumer Health product development and launch
- Preference for experience in solution development over just product development
- Should have worked at a senior technical level (Ops, software, hardware, technical, project management etc)
- Must be able to balance the inquisitive nature of finding the new areas and opportunities against what is valued by the market and will drive nearer term revenue
- Having experience in an incubator/start-up setting.
- Drive process for transferring ideas into incubation and from incubation to business groups for commercialization
In return, we offer you
To advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top