Job TitleIndustrial Electrician
- Responsible for coordinating all elements required to complete assigned work in timely and professional manner, minimizing “down time”.
- Performs the duties of electrician, automation, instrumentation, and controls technician.
- Performs planned maintenance and calibrations of the process and test equipment.
- Maintains records on equipment repairs and associated parts.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area/equipment per “6S” requirements.
- Provide support and cross-training to department personnel.
- Continuous improvement through hands on and training to increase technical and personal skill levels.
- Education: High School graduate (2- Year College certificate/ degree is preferred).
- Advanced knowledge/skills in troubleshooting & diagnostics of industrial machines.
- Advanced knowledge of motors, motor starters, VFD’s (Variable Frequency Drives).
- Advanced knowledge in PLC programmable controllers & automation controls building.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC’s and programming tools, HMI and
- Control Networks.
- Ability to read and understand, analyze and interpret blue prints, mechanical and electrical diagrams and schematics, technical documents and procedures.
- Self-motivation and integrity to work with little or no supervision.
- Must have good record keeping and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate well with all levels of personnel, within the organization.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area/equipment per “6S” requirements.
- Maintain an attitude of willingness to learn and grow in a team environment.
- 5 years minimum of electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Requires standing, sitting, bending forward crouching.
- Consistent use of arms and hands required.
- Lifting and carrying up to forty (40) pounds.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top