Job TitleIMS Engineer
The Customer Service Engineer is a specialist in his field. The Customer Service Engineer contributes to the technical product support of the Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) installed base. He/she is able to support the various (IT) solutions installed at the customer. He/she is recognized as a technical IT specialist within PDPS.
- Diagnose PDPS remotely by qualifying with customers or colleagues by telephone, or by remotely accessing the system.
- Create a case for the customer call, verifying contract entitlement, and check with the service coordinator that the customer is quoted and the customers call is handled appropriately.
- Interface with Hardware vendors in case of hardware failures.
- Escalate technical issues to 3rd line support.
- Be a professional representative for PDPS with respect to customer problems, ensuring personal acceptability by the customer in behavior in accordance with PDPS policy and targets.
- Participate in DPS product development projects, to ensure serviceability of the product. This includes writing service documentation.
- Follow all quality standards and procedures set within PDPS.
- Keeps up to date with new technology developments and investigates how these new technologies can be used in the existing product line.
- Contributes to the department process improvement activities.
The Philips Digital Pathology Solutions (PDPS) venture started in 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total Digital Pathology Solutions encompassing an Ultra Fast Scanner for digitization of microscope tissue slides and a Pathology Image Management System. The venture aims at leveraging multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position. The market launch of the first solutions was in 2011. The venture has an installed based in US, EMEA and Asia and keeps expanding.
We are looking for
- Bachelor degree in ICT Engineering or Computer Science or similar level based on experience.
- Preferably between 5 and 10 years experience in the industry / digitally enabled medical and/or Computer IT product development.
- At least 2 years experience in a support role, roles as a System Engineer or IT Support Engineer is ideal.
- Experience in implementing and managing big IT systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of standards used in the Medical IT world, Dicom, HL7 and IHE is a plus.
- Good understanding of IT technologies (Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud technologies and system management technologies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem analyzing skills.
- Team player
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top