Job TitleImplementation Manager
In this role you have the opportunity to
Our challenge is to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us.
Combining technical knowledge and project management in customer facing healthcare IT activities in North America.
You are responsible for
The Installation Manager is responsible for the project scoping, planning, coordination, communication, integration, and physical installation at customer sites of the Philips digital pathology solution components, being the ultra-fast scanner (UFS), the pathology image management system (IMS), and IT infrastructure.
- Create, manage and execute installation plans and schedules, including complete site coordination as well as customer education and consultation as required
- Review feedback from customers, compile and analyze support data and recommend technical changes as appropriate
- Manage and communicate on a high level of professionalism to consultants and suppliers of information systems connected to DPS
- Responsible for successful DPS implementation and customer acceptance, within the agreed upon timeframe, of the delivered digital pathology solution
- Complete project documentation including weekly reports on project status and general timekeeping
- Have a flexible work schedule as installations can occur after hours or on weekends
- Contribute to knowledge transfer within the functional group as required
- Provide remote support on installed base; contribute to knowledge transfer within the functional group and pre-build IMS systems as required
You are a part of
When you walk into work you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team of over 330 employees spread across 8 countries, all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun. You will be considered an "early joiner" to the Philips Emerging Businesses family which plans to expand itself by approximately 700 members in the next 3 years.
The Philips Digital Pathology (PDP) venture started on 1 May 2007. The venture is establishing a worldwide business for total digital pathology solutions encompassing an ultra-fast scanner for microscope tissue slides, a pathology viewer/workstation/PACS and several disease specific (mostly for cancer types) computer assisted detection (CAD) solutions. We aim to leverage multiple Philips assets and capabilities (brand, market channel, technology) for establishing the total solution and being the 1st to market to establish a dominant market position.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience in deploying IT solutions preferably in the healthcare industry
- 3+ years if candidate possesses a Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have prior project management experience on these types of projects
- Strong technical skills and the ambition to grow in project management
- Must be able to understand and install complex IT Infrastructure and enterprise software applications
- Experience with IBM hardware and Windows operating systems is needed
- Experience with VMWare is desired
- Knowledge in system integration/installation, networking, and remote connectivity
- Experience in pathology workflow integration, including the communication standards used in the industry (XML, HL7, DICOM, IHE) is strongly desired
- High level of professionalism in communicating with internal and external customers and partners
- Position required 50-75% US travel
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to take your career to the next level in a world leading organization that is backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation. Here, you'll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the [email protected] program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top