Imaging Field Service Engineer - Multi-Vendor (Las Vegas, Nevada)
Job TitleImaging Field Service Engineer – Multi-Vendor (Las Vegas, Nevada)
We welcome you to pursue this opportunity join an elite medical imaging service team for Philips Health Tech as a Field Service Engineer. In this role you will WOW our customers by using your outstanding technical, communication and interpersonal skills in the provision of Best in Class customer service in the field of Medical Imaging.
Philips is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team and serve in the role of Field Service Engineer based out of the Las Vegas, Nevada area. This unique position will specialize in customer support and service delivery to a variety of Philips and Multi-Vendor Imaging Systems primarily located in and around the Las Vegas Nevada area. Occasionally this individual may be called upon to support service needs in other areas within the Service Region as needed. This position is responsible for customer relationship management through the effective application of technical skills, customer advocacy, outstanding communication/interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Diagnose and resolve electronic and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
- Complete formal and informal training to gain and maintain knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
- Understand and apply electronic and mechanical theory to diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment to improve equipment reliability.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Read and interpret schematics and site drawings.
- Utilize support and escalation resources (e.g. Technical Support, Peers, and National Support Specialists) within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
- Utilize tools, technology and reference material (Remote Connectivity, manuals, etc).
- Understand and apply trouble shooting process to identify root cause(s) of system problems and create clear plan for resolution.
- Proactively conduct customer visits and communicate with customer at multiple levels to build satisfaction, credibility and trust.
- Own customer experience by meeting onsite arrival time, communicating effectively and projecting a sense of urgency to achieve customer expectations.
- Deliver an exceptional service experience to build customer loyalty and meet the goal of being #1 in every modality.
- Proactively identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will help to meet the needs of the customer.
- Identify and execute on customer service best practices within local Region and Zone.
- Project a professional appearance in customer interactions that exemplifies the Philips brand and image.
- Takes ownership of all customer issues and utilize technical skills and escalation protocol as necessary to drive issue resolution.
- Develop and adhere to best practices that enable the team to provide solutions for the customer.
- Support effective interactions among team members (i.e. actively listen and seek to understand other’s viewpoint; work together to get things done)
- Offer assistance to peers and other teams in service delivery.
- Provide constructive feedback to team in support of improved team performance and development.
- Be open to the perspectives of others.
- Identify and embrace change opportunities to improve the Customer Service business.
Compliance and Operational Management:
- Perform all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed standards, policies and guidelines.
- Complete and understand all training assigned through Training Management System (TMS) on or by due date.
- Submit all time worked into the timekeeping tool within the required deadline.
- Adhere to the Customer Service and Philips expense guidelines.
- Maintain documentation for vehicle operation and submit mileage reports per company policy.
- Return unused or defective parts within required timeframe as defined by the Parts policies and guidelines.
- Report defective, installed and return part status on Service Work Orders (SWO) per policies.
- Maintain company tools and test equipment as required, ensuring test equipment is calibrated prior to due date.
- Maintain proper site, service, and install base documentation.
- Safeguard patient data per HIPAA and to associated regulatory requirements.
- Understand customer contract entitlements, meet required response times and deliver service per the customer entitlement.
- Efficiently utilize labor time, parts, tools, test equipment, Returned Materials Authorizations (RMAs), customer purchase orders, laptop, cell phone, business expenditures, etc.
- Complete and close all documentation within regulatory and Philips established timeframes.
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you’ll benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a ‘One Team’ culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable while working toward the corporate vision of improving the lives of 3 billion people by 2025. As part of the Service engineering organization you will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers and the patient population they serve.
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & applying the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, cutting edge product knowledge and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
- Demonstrated repair and troubleshooting skills servicing imaging equipment and/or other high tech electronic systems.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation as scheduled/needed.
- Ability to shift work day, work alternate shift or extend shift to support customer schedules, workload, and service contracts.
- Ability to travel as needed to receive necessary training required to advance technical skills and meet product specific training requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Travel as needed to the customer sites, zone office or identified meeting locations.
- Average driving is 1 to 3 hours daily.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy here.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of technical difficulties with your job application, such as login issues or a need to reset your password, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top