Imaging Field Service Engineer 2 (Des Moines, IA)
Job TitleImaging Field Service Engineer 2 (Des Moines, IA)
Responsible for identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate Service and Sales personnel. Maintaining customer satisfaction is the primary goal. Therefore, the engineer must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results prioritized by Service Management or the customer. As a company representative, acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicates only appropriate information. Refers information to the appropriate person (applications, sales, etc.). Provides a positive cohesive company image when discussing the company, products, etc with the customer. Establishes credibility and trust. Able to function as primary service engineer at non-luminary accounts. Ensures customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives. Focuses on fixing the customer as well as the equipment. Sets realistic customer expectations. Interfaces primarily with Chief Tech and Rad Administrator on routine issues.
Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change. Adapt to varying needs and requirements of the customer and the business. Implements best practices.
Actively participates as a member of one or more regional empowered work teams.
Puts the team ahead of individual needs and displays a positive attitude.
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes
- Works on areas improving customer satisfaction and company profitability. Keeps commitments – does not “pass the buck.”
- Open to and embraces change.
Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirement (Federal and State Radiation performance standards, registration, Quality Systems Regulations, EPA regulations and OSHA regulations. Adheres to established quality requirements, (FDA – ISO9000), and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.).
Manages company assets effectively including labor time, parts inventory levels, tools, test equipment calibration, RMA’s, A/R’s, customer purchase orders, equipment, company vehicle, business expenditures, etc.
Performs all administrative duties in a complete manner within prescribed company policies/guidelines including timesheets, service tickets, expense reports, FCOs, preventative maintenance, and other related paperwork.
Able to perform as a primary service engineer for at least one entire modality at non-luminary accounts. May be assigned duties in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances current industry trends.
Assesses situations and makes an optimal and speedy decision despite limited information. Solves problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of all the issues.
- Defines problems: Collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Applies his/her technical training and resources to effectively solve problems. Ensures follow-up on on-going issues.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting capability to the component level and able to explain the status of the repair to the customer, if needed.
- Diagnoses & resolves equipment problems.
- Provides required preventative maintenance, factory modifications, normal installations and service.
- Utilizes the call escalation process and communicates customer issues to optimize customer uptime and satisfaction while maintaining ownership of the issue.
- Installs products on which they have been trained (which may include uncrating, removal of packing materials, assisting in transporting equipment to installation site, mechanical assembly, and electrical hook-up in accordance with product wiring diagrams, technical documentation and corporate directives). Also includes final calibration and testing. Completes all appropriate installation related reports. Meets corporate productivity objectives.
- Provides training/mentorship/technical support to other FSEs.
- Pursues new sales/service opportunities and communicates leads.
- Implements revenue programs with zeal.
- Understands the financial reports.
- Meets or exceeds established goals.
- BSEE / BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience.
- Minimum 4 years servicing electronic equipment (entry level position)
- Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
- Experience / Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
- Must possess fundamentals of Dicom & Networking.
- Experience with electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming and systems functionally.
- PC competency.
- Proficient in Networking
- Proficient in alternative methods in call debrief
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- May be required to be available 24 × 7 via phone or pager, required to rotate in an on-call status.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Travel up to 40% to the customer site, zone office or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs outside the Zone.
- Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
- Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
- Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs).
- Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top