Job TitleHR/Payroll Administrator
this role, you have the opportunity to
Effectively managing Philips internal reporting tools; ensuring system data integrity and analyzing payroll results to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll.
You are responsible for
- Validating and approving personnel change actions in the HRIS system.
- Creating and editing supervisory organizations in the HRIS system.
- Performing accurate and timely entry of job, salary and personal data that is not interfaced from the HRIS system to the payroll system.
- Analyzing and resolving data discrepancies between the HRIS and payroll database systems.
- Analyzing pre- and post-payroll audit reports to identify and correct payroll errors.
- When applicable, process off-cycle checks as requested by representatives of the business units.
- Complying with all Internal Control Standard (ICS) requirements in terms of supporting documentation and accuracy.
- Functioning as Subject Matter Expert with regard to all aspects of HRIS and payroll system functionality, as well as, policies and procedures.
- Providing Call Management System (CMS) support to handle employee inquiries regarding personnel records, time input, and a variety of non-health and welfare pay deductions (union dues, etc.).
- Supporting HR, Benefits, Compensation, Onboarding and Finance colleagues with all phone, mail and e-mail requests.
- Actively participating in departmental projects.
- Performing other duties as assigned in a timely and satisfactory manner.
You are a part of
The Philips People Services team, where a professional but fun workplace atmosphere is valued and a diverse multi-functional team will greet you. You will report to the Senior Manager of Administration and Payroll and collaborate with many other colleagues who are all based in Andover, MA.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of payroll work experience.
- 2 years of experience in HR information systems.
- Knowledgeable on compliance requirements of Sarbanes/Oxley.
- Ability to understand and apply federal and state regulations relating to payroll, labor and employment tax laws.
- Process oriented, analytical background with high attention to details.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Intermediate capabilities using MS Excel.
- Aptitude for quickly learning various HRIS and Payroll systems. Experience with ADP Global View, Workday, SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and complete objectives within strict time constraints.
- Integrity and trustworthiness specific to confidentiality and privacy of employee information.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible work hours to ensure payroll deadlines are met.
- Proactive in resolving issues with employees, businesses and other departments.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its People Services Organization. Succeeding in this HR Administrator Payroll Specialist role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top