Healthcare Compliance Counsel
Job TitleHealthcare Compliance Counsel
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be part of Philips' Group Legal Compliance team that has a global responsibility for a variety of legal compliance topics such as antitrust, export controls, data protection, privacy, healthcare compliance and anti-corruption. The team counsels internal Philips clients on a wide array of issues, initiates and coordinates litigation in numerous jurisdictions, and is responsible for compliance programs in each of these areas.
You are responsible for
- Advising business clients on healthcare compliance issues in all of our markets outside the US;
- Co-responsible for the global healthcare compliance program, including coordinating Philips' transparency regulations in our respective jurisdictions;
- Advising on matters relating to industry codes (such as COCIR) and the development of new internal controls;
- Performing acquisition due diligence as part of M&A processes may also form part of your role as required.
You are a part of
One of Philips' Group Staff Departments, you will be at the heart of our worldwide company. Philips' Legal Department spans a global network of some 170 professionals operating as one integrated, internal law firm for Philips' businesses worldwide advising on all legal matters relevant to Philips. Philips GLD is based in Amsterdam. It covers a number of areas of expertise, in particular Corporate & Financial Law, M&A, and Legal Compliance.
The Group Legal Compliance team consists of senior legal professionals and subject matter experts responsible for compliance topics such as antitrust, export controls, data protection, privacy, healthcare compliance and anti-corruption.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- More than 10 years' experience in a law firm or other relevant organization, with demonstrable experience in a variety of matters pertaining to healthcare compliance;
- Experience applying industry codes of conduct (e.g. COCIR, MedTech) to routine business interactions is required;
- Familiarity with analyzing the appropriateness of interactions with government employees or healthcare providers is required;
- Experience and interest in transparency regulations, anti-corruption, data protection, export controls and compliance in general is an asset;
- We expect you to be a team player who is determined to achieve high-quality, business oriented results;
- Experience with due diligence as part of M&A processes is preferred;
- You are able and willing to take rational but bold decisions under pressure;
- You are comfortable with complicated matters and working independently with demanding clients and senior management;
- As you will be working closely with colleagues from all parts of Philips, as well as with fellow Philips in-house lawyers, external counsel, economists and regulators, excellent client management and communication skills (in Dutch and in English) are a must.
In return, we offer you
A challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Furthermore, our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Systems Engineer—Seattle, WA
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top