Health Systems MA&F Analyst
Job TitleHealth Systems MA&F Analyst
In this role you have the opportunity to
Join the Market Analysis & Forecasting (MA&F) team helping to reshape the Philips HealthTech opportunity shaped by convergence between Healthcare and Consumer markets. This opportunity ranges from intersection of consumer and clinical spaces, going through customers expressing need for integrated solutions, systems integration, connected devices, to big data and analytics.
This convergence is captured in the health continuum starting with the (a) Healthy Living, (b) Prevention, followed by (c) Diagnosis, (d) Treatment, (e) Recovery and ending with (f) Home Care.
You will identify and gain an in-depth understanding of key global and local market drivers spanning through the Health Systems business segments: diagnosis, treatment and recovery of the healthcare continuum to build market size and forecasting models for those specific business segments. These models, and your insights generated through the modeling process, will be integral in shaping business strategy and driving the planning process within Philips HealthTech.
This new position will work side-by-side with the Group strategy and business development teams, and will have a direct line of access to the Philips geographic market leaders and the Health Systems business segment management teams.
You are responsible for
- Build comprehensive market size and forecasting models (in excel)
- Develop expertise in your segment's product offerings and market dynamics and generate insightful analyses for key executives across Philips HealthTech
- Collaborate on a project basis with group strategy and business development, business groups and markets organizations, marketing intelligence teams, finance, investor relations, among others key stakeholders to leverage the MA&F's models and analytical capabilities
- Manage historical market share performance and develop competitor analyses for key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the markets and business groups teams to capture relevant data points and knowledge required to drive further model forecast accuracy
You are part of
the Market Analysis & Forecasting team, which reports into the Head of Strategy of Philips. The team is composed of analysts covering the businesses and activities of Philips. The MA&F team is the analytical power house within Philips HealthTech, providing fact-based market models and insightful analyses to key stakeholders across HealthTech's business sectors and geographies.
As a team member in one of Philips HealthTech Group functions, you will be at the heart of our worldwide company. These Group departments play a key role in supporting the Royal Philips Executive Committee.
Your work will directly impact Health Systems segment business decisions, deliver underpinned measurement of our performance, and be integral in setting company-wide strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Candidates must have a university degree, preferably in, Engineering or Business / Finance (MBA, PhD or other relevant graduate degree is a plus).
Successful candidates should (1) be comfortable networking both within and outside of Philips, (2) have strong analytical skills and (3) possess solid presentation skills to deliver various market insights to key Healthtech business group and geographic market decision makers. We expect our team members to exhibit a high level of integrity, stress resistance, flexibility and creativity.
The analyst position will focus on the following Health Systems market segment:
- Healthcare Information Systems and Solutions – Specifically maintaining models to support the legacy Healthcare IT businesses within Philips (PACS, Advanced Visualization, Critical Care and Obstetrics Information Systems, and Electronic Medical Records)
With key Health Systems locations across the world, the travel requirement is roughly 20%. This will include international travel.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an analytical role
- Proven background in healthcare market analysis (i.e., equity research analyst, investment banker or other relevant employment)
- Should have international exposure
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips' results and personal performance;
- A solid company pension scheme and an attractive health insurance package;
- The opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount;
- A healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top