Head of R&D, Medical Consumables & Sensors
Head of R&D, Medical Consumables & Sensors
As a key member of the Business leadership team, this Head of R&D role leads innovation for the Philips Medical Consumables & Sensors (MCS) team based in Cambridge,MA.
You are responsible for
- Leads cross-functional teams (50+ person R&D group) in the development and execution of MCS strategies and roadmaps.
- Formulates and implements longer-term vision/direction/strategy: steering the group to add maximum value to the business in the future
- Encourages and contributes to cross-organizational strategy and project teams working on innovation themes and breakthroughs.
- Drives multi-generational product and technology planning & prioritization.
- Provides mentorship to the General Manager and collaborates with the Business Unit Leadership Team
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement, while always putting the customer and quality first.
- Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment in the department by motivating, challenging, and coaching the department 's employees towards growth, manages and optimizes the innovative climate, stimulating entrepreneurship and driving engagement.
- Maintains an environment of high expectations and accountability while driving functional excellence across all disciplines.
- Ensures that there are adequate resources and tools, and is responsible for technology and architectural roadmaps.
- Collaborates with other businesses across Philips to drive overall approach, intersections, and cross-business leverage
You are a part of
Leads R&D organization and innovation efforts across all MCS business lines (Consumables & Sensors, MR Patient Care, Newborn Solutions, and Hemodynamic Monitoring). Strengthens and expands organizational capability supporting accelerated growth ambition, particularly in Consumables & Sensors. Leads organization spanning multiple existing sites (Andover MA, Orlando FL, Boeblingen Germany, and Bangalore India). Works to add additional competency closer to supplier base (such as southeastern China).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 10+ years related technical leadership experience, with 5+ years at Director level or above
- Large multi-project/program R & D experience.
- Medical consumables experience is a requirement (background leading development/sourcing/launching of consumables, sensors, accessory cables)
- Proven track record operating in a medical device environment
- Background working with partners in strategic sourcing and supplier quality
- Experience developing and leading organizational capability in low-cost countries close to suppliers is a strong plus
- Shown success at organizational transformation and change management.
- Graduate degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related technical discipline
In return, we offer you
To advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jen D.Campaign Manager
Jen oversees the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns in an effort to support Philips’ agents in the field.
Back to top