Head of Program Management Office (Patient Care Analytics)
Head of Program Management Office (Patient Care Analytics)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Direct and guide the activities of programs consisting of multiple and related projects performed by sub-units and/or staff, ensuring execution is in line with corporate/Sector strategy. Manage people who lead and direct project teams. Develop, design and execute project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles. Monitor the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with internal/external customers. You are responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures, and standards. Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing support and direction. Keep abreast of developments in project management tools and processes (both internal and external). Supervise, selects, develops, coaches and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
You are responsible for
Estimate of responsibility split
- 80% act as Program Manager for business-critical programs
- 20% act as head of PCA Program Management Office
- 10-25% Travel
Align and drive stakeholder focus to achieve successful delivery of program
- Build and lead the cross-functional multi-site team in the overall program planning and execution. Establish strong operating mechanisms to track progress, identify issues, overcome obstacles, and define recovery plans
- Indirectly manages and motivates cross-functional teams and associated vendors who are geographically distributed. Planning, assigning and directing workloads of team members, in conjunctions with their direct managers. Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining team members.
- Direct and be the central leadership/communication point for global operations of the product.
- Synchronize with other Programs to assure that the program requirements are fulfilled in a balanced way. Align the roadmap and planning process for new development within the business unit, business group or broader Philips.
- Gives direction and leads complex, integral programs which are essential to the business units dealing with other business units and knowledge centers inside and outside Philips.
Build and own integrated program schedule and drive E2E execution
- Generation of an integrated project schedule that fits the overall Program Plan with proper risk management and mitigation plan
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects & activities
- Deliver the program within schedule, scope, budget and quality within a SAFe® environment
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Apply continuous process improvements. Be repeatable and agile.
- Manage in a process compliant way (audit-ready at any time) with a sense of urgency
Ensure active risk management and transparency
- Rigorously apply change, risk and resource management techniques
- Act as primary point of escalation for all teams executing activities in the context of the program and work with stakeholders to proactively address key risks and resolve problems reactively if needed.
- Manage and resolve the risks, which may jeopardize the deliverables and business-results of the program.
- Formally monitor plan and integrated project schedule and constantly and clearly communicate plan and status with all relevant stakeholders
- Formally report out program & project status monthly to the business unit's Leadership Team.
- Create reports/updates of program as requested
Build and maintain a world class Program Management Office
- Create and continuously improve on functional and business standards. Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements.
- Lead team of Program Managers who are geographically distributed. Interviewing, hiring and training of product managers. Planning, assigning and directing workloads of product managers. Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining product managers.
- Execution of business excellence and improvement activities as needed to support business objectives or in transforming core business activities.
- Lead and manage the business unit's monthly Operational Performance Review (agenda, attendees, format, effectiveness)
You are a part of: Member of the Patient Care Analytics Leadership Team
- Ability to act and participate beyond your function in decision making
- Ability to address customer/internal stakeholders complaints and resolving problems as a senior leader
- Drive alignment and partnership with other businesses within Philips to realize the greater Philips vision.
- Act as role model for our continuous improvement culture
- Act as business evangelist both internally and externally.
- Think End-2-End and take extreme ownership
- Contribute to the definition and the achievement of the mission, objectives and the strategy of the business unit by actively participating in the business planning and process execution processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Relevant B.Sc. degree
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years+ Program Management experience managing software programs involving multiple individual projects and 100+ employees spread across 3 or more global sites.
- Minimum of Three (3) years+ of delivering products and services to end customers in a regulated Healthcare environment, including a demonstrable track record with new product introductions as an enabler of business growth in various different markets
- Demonstrate ability to work with broad set of customers & stakeholders (sales, marketing, product management, R&D, finance, service, Q&R, legal, etc.). Need to be able to speak their language to drive close collaboration and effectiveness.
- Working program/project management experience with SAFe
- Good influencing skills, conflict resolution, assertiveness, negotiation in collaboration with management.
- Strong presentation skills, appropriate to both management and customer audiences.
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science
- Advanced degree/MBA
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant or PMI Certified Agile practitioner.
- PMI certification in Project Management
- People management experience
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top