Head of Product Marketing: (Pleasanton, CA or Remote West Coast Location)
Head of Product Marketing: (Pleasanton, CA or Remote West Coast Location)
In this role, you have the opportunity Lead the global downstream and upstream marketing activities as well as strategic initiatives for a new startup business, within Philips, called Philips Neuro. The Head of Product Marketing is accountable for defining, launching and building profitable product solution platforms that transform how neurology is in clinical care. You will need to create impact to sales, market adoption for innovative solutions, and other strategic metrics. This is a global role and will require globally minded leader who will drive impacts to our target markets including US, China, Europe, Japan and India.
You are responsible for
- Builds and leads product management function for Philips Neuro from cradle to grave including customer segmentation, product solution ideation, value proposition development, business case, product roadmap, product management of existing portfolio, and EOS
- Identify key clinical, operational, and financial needs of customers in the global market
- Segmentation of customer including needs based, value based, and demographics based
- Translate market knowledge and market intelligence into robust business cases to identify business opportunities and risks
- Translate market knowledge and market intelligence into product and knowledge roadmaps to drive customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and portfolio image
- Develop and maintain five-year strategic vision for product roadmap (for internal partners and customers)
- Understand needs of key target markets and GEOs to ensure product value proposition addresses key markets, ensure appropriate positioning across key markets to optimize product potential
- Drive overall execution of development and launch of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team including BG/BIU Management, Sales, Field Marketing, Operations and Finance
- Driving the strategic down-stream marketing, and thought leadership for building KOLs, driving compelling messaging to transform neurology
- Create, implement, and lead key initiatives for strategic marketing for US and OUS (international markets), identify new areas of opportunities, steward and optimize existing programs
- Working closely with the sales organization, handle the marketing team to align on strategy and lead execution for product launches, region by region product positioning, identifying KOLs, pricing and Marcom.
- Build out global downstream marketing teams to understand local market dynamics, solution requirements, launch key marketing tactics, build KOL relationship globally to evangelize and promote the Philips Neuro solutions
- Build high value KOL relationships and consortium across target geographies
- Develop list of target customer segments, key initiatives and how we drive impact for each segments
- Lead a team of 6 people globally
The Head of Product Marketing will work closely with US and International Sales Leaders to generate plans, drive alignment and steward execution to ensure optimal ROI. This high visibility role requires sales, marketing acumen, and the ability to build winning execution plans.[BK1]
Philips Neuro is focusing on delivering diagnoses that are more precise and better therapy guidance in patients suffering from some of the most challenging and impactful neurologic disorders including Epilepsy, Stroke, TBI, etc. Our business unit is part of the Emerging Business group, which acts as a new business incubator inside of the larger Philips HealthTech umbrella. We have an unrelenting focus on driving business growth and innovation from scientific research to clinical solutions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years in medical device product management/product development
- Minimum of 5 years in downstream marketing within the medical device or neuro space.
- Expertise in customer segmentation and knowledge of healthcare systems. Understands the dynamics of medical device product mgmt. and the dynamics of "installed base" market
- Familiarity with the technologies in neurology market space, and with the emerging technologies that could disrupt in the future.
- Boldness to create/shape markets whenever possible, exploiting Philips technologies, market positions and brand.
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively.
- Proven ability to influence and deliver through others and in a complex, global, matrix organization.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management within the healthcare or other regulated industries.
- Demonstrated track record of innovative product launch, driving significant # of leads, and customer enthusiasm of products
- Track record of exceeded goals and targets planned
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Superior business acumen and GM mindset
- Med Device product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have)
- Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques
- Global mindset with knowledge of key target markets
- Ability to lead and motivate high performing teams.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Position can be located in Pleasanton, CA or Home Based (must live on west coast)
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top