Head of Legal Nordics (part-time)
Job TitleHead of Legal Nordics (part-time)
The candidate will be the trusted legal advisor to Philips management and the healthcare and consumer businesses in the Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland). The candidate will be a member of the Nordics management team and will report to the Head of Legal of Philips Germany. The candidate will be a member of Philips’ Head of Legal community in which all chief market lawyers are represented.
The candidate will be responsible for providing legal and compliance support to all businesses, functions and affiliated companies operating in the Nordics. This will include a wide variety of legal commercial work (sales, distribution, marketing, subcontractors and complex turn-key projects), incl. deal structuring, contract review, contract negotiation and general legal advice, as well as corporate activities and (healthcare) compliance training and advice. He/she will also act as Compliance & Privacy Officer for Philips in the Nordics.
In this function, the candidate will be working closely with other Philips lawyers, both in the markets and the domain experts at the Philips Headquarters in the Netherlands.
Areas of responsibility
- To provide legal advice to management and the commercial organization
- To review and negotiate contracts, incl. for long term strategic partnerships
- To anticipate on business developments, make legal risk assessments and provide recommendations to prevent potential risks and claims
- To manage and lead the defence for litigation matters
- To assure compliance with company administration duties in the Nordics
- To select and manage outside counsels, incl the related costs
- To act as Compliance & Privacy Officer and implement compliance programs to assure compliance with Philips’ General Business Principles, Binding Corporate Rules and other relevant regulations, teaming up with internal/external legal experts
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience at a law firm or within a multi-national company
- Experience with projects business, government tenders and/or the healthcare industry background is a pre
- A sound knowledge of the Swedish law, with a proven ability to apply this in a commercial environment. Familiarity with other legal systems in the Nordics is a pre
- Ability to work independently on complex legal issues, strong contracting skills and ability to provide sharp advice, both orally and in writing
- An excellent command of English and Swedish; basic understanding of Danish or Finnish is a plus
- Good planning and organizational skills and proven ability to solve sensitive matters
- Excellent inter-personal skills, a business-oriented mindset, a good sense for risk management and a good communicator and team-player
Please note: This is a part-time position (3 days per week)
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top