Head of IT for BG Image Guided Therapy
Job TitleHead of IT for BG Image Guided Therapy
In this role you have opportunity to
The Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Head of IT ensures that IT enables the optimal performance of the IGT business. IGT is made up of three business units: IGT Devices, IGT Systems, and IGT Business Incubation. A strategic focus for 2017 is on the IGT Devices business which was created from Philips acquisition of Volcano, completed in February 2015. This was undertaken to support Philips strategy of becoming the leading systems integrator in the fast-growing image-guided minimally invasive surgery market, and to accelerate Philips growth in this market.
You will be responsible for IT's effectiveness in support of IGT Devices day-to-day operations and, as a trusted business advisor, proactively contribute to the business's strategic direction.
The IGT Head of IT will be a direct report to the Head of IT, Business Groups and North America, working closely with other IT Business Partners in the Diagnosis & Treatment cluster to ensure that IGT contributes to the achievement of Philips financial and growth goals, in an environment of unwavering compliance and exceptional quality in the outcomes for which IT is responsible and the way in which the work is done.
The Head of IT will be responsible for defining, driving and executing initiatives for IGT within the IT Portfolio, closely liaising with the integrated IT organizations of Delivery, IT Global Services, Architecture as well as the Business Transformation programs. The Head of IT provides the leaders of IGT Devices, Imaging Guided Therapy, and Imaging Systems with full transparency on total cost of ownership of applications and IT services (integral IT costs), to enable effective planning and decision making.
Other specific responsibilities and expectations of the IT Business Partner for IGT Devices include and are not limited to:
- Operations of the legacy Volcano solutions, data centers, and factories
- Driving change management for the completion of the Volcano merger and integration scope
- Supporting the IGT growth strategy through new product introduction and acquisition
- Providing strategic consultation on available IT services and solutions based on desired benefits, identified impact and possible challenges involved
- Managing IT Demand intake, validation, and funneling, adequately and in a timely manner
- Setting priorities with stakeholders, accountable for driving IT project portfolio to achieve business objectives
- Driving IT landscape/lifecycle with Imaging Systems and IT stakeholders, using catalog items to achieve objectives
- Ensuring that IT delivery in projects and operations fits business interests and drive continuous improvement
Consulting/contributing to business readiness and change management strategies and tactics to ensure optimal, long-term value generation
- Agreeing on Service Level Agreements with Operations and monitors fulfillment
- Contributing to the effective implementation of the Philips Integrated Landscape, by actively driving the adoption of programs, policies, applications, platforms and architecture of the comprehensive End2EndOperating Processes
You are a part of
Philips Information Technology (IT) provides innovative IT solutions that enable and sustain our global growth. The IT team provides innovative consultative services for both existing and emerging technologies. We build tight partnerships, advancing capabilities to provide our customers with competitive advantage and generate business opportunities. Critical to the success of Philips, the IT department has the ability to partner, influence, and advance efficiencies within Philips with high caliber IT professionals who are passionate about our company and the transformation we are driving. These professionals provide a strong foundation to accelerate opportunities and work in a collaborative spirit within professional disciplines: IT business partnership, strategic initiatives, and operational excellence/project management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 10+ years IT / Business experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred
- Broad business perspective and experience with the ability to perform account management
- Strong management skills for both people and projects
- Understanding of how different business units integrate into the strategic vision, business trends, and the direction IT must take to support the business
- Process and Change Management Skills
- Ability to mobilize resources to get things done
- Architectural thinking
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, Business Applications, Information, Process, Consultancy and Managerial
- Knowledge of the impact of services delivered to stakeholder business processes and infrastructure
- Profound knowledge of HealthTech-focused businesses and the IT organization (contracts, processes, procedures) and suppliers
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to shape products, services, and processes to enhance stakeholder value
In this role we offer you
The Head of IT is responsible for IT in the IGT business. They drive the definition and execution of the business entity on specific IT Portfolio and manages all IT operations for this entity through close liaising with the IT Delivery and Operations Service units, as well E2E and Sector Platforms (demand to solution/portfolio).
From an enterprise perspective the Head of IT drives the use of standard solutions and ensures alignment with End to End programs, including business readiness and change management.
The Head of IT provides the business entity with full transparency on total cost of ownership of applications and IT services (integral IT costs), to enable effective planning decision making.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top