Job TitleHardware Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
To join our Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) V&V team to support both new product development and sustaining.
You are responsible for
- Supporting product and software validation through development, manufacturing and into continuation providing technical support and leadership on a cross-functional team
- Define, document, and continuously improve validation tests including conducting peer reviews and maintaining traceability to requirements
- Working closely with marketing, usability, clinical, and design engineers to drive design inputs and then participate in validating design outputs
- Participate in reviews of requirements, design documents, and test related artifacts
- Mentor, coach, and provide work direction to other engineers, technicians and interns
- Proactively own and drive process improvements
- Perform work with little to no supervision as department subject-matter expert
You are a part of
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis, and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years' industry experience in product development environment required with a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years' industry experience in product development environment required with a Masters in Electrical Engineering
- Experience desired in a medical device or other regulated industry
- Statistical Analysis experience if preferred
- Working with Standards like 13485, 14971, 62304 is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Proven ability to perform problem solving and troubleshooting required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Proficiency in using typical lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, etc.) required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with minimal guidance to make decisions and report progress required
- Demonstrated leadership role in test and issue ownership including ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel required
- Experience with requirements management, configuration management, issue tracking tools, etc. required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed signal circuits
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of multi-component electrical devices, PC interfaces, communication protocols, digital design, DSP, wired and wireless communication
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of signal processing concepts like block diagrams, filters, Fourier analysis, audio, acoustics etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software development process, source code control, version control, high and low level programming languages
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
In return, we offer you
Opportunity to work and advance in a world-class company, continually improving your technical and customer support skills, and help improve peoples' lives daily.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top