Hardware Development Engineer Intern
Job TitleHardware Development Engineer Intern
We welcome you to join Philips as an Hardware Development Engineer Intern in our Bothell, WA location
The Hardware Development Engineer position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with the development of technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine across the globe. The technology is a cornerstone in the Philips HealthTech portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
We are seeking a graduate student with a passion for technology to work with the R&D electronics design team for an exciting internship opportunity that will provide an invaluable development experience. Find out why Philips is a best place to work as you work with a top notch design team and make a meaningful contribution to next generation ultrasound. The candidate should have strong fundamentals in analog, mixed signal and signal processing. You will design implement and test ultrasound hardware through all phases of development from requirements, through development, documentation and test. Familiarity with the application of test equipment for both analog and digital circuits. The candidate must be highly motivated, self directed and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment with good oral and written communication skills.
This role will be part of the R&D Ultrasound Platform Development team. This team comprises HW, embedded SW and ASIC design engineers working on the next generation technology and platforms.
We are looking for
- Pursuing BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 0-2 years hardware development experience which may include internship and/or co-op experience
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Strong desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges
- Familiarity with Analog design fundamentals, op Amps, active filters, ADC’s etc.
- Knowledge or DSP principles and technologies is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface in a cross-disciplinary manner, including engineers, product managers, and clinical specialists
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational and time management skills
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top