Global Product Manager - Systems & Software
Global Product Manager - Systems & Software
We welcome you to join Philips IGT-Devices as a Global Product Manager - Systems and Software in our San Diego, CA location.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work with a cutting edge product line - IGT Devices is part of the Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) business group.
The primary focus for the Global Product Manager is ownership of the marketing design inputs (MDI) for all line extensions and new products within an assigned product segment.
This ownership includes product definition, feature prioritization, global VOC, market research and intelligence, and all marketing design control obligations that are aligned with the markets.
In addition, the Global Product Manager leads the global market plan (GMP) development for all product launches in their assigned product segment in direct partnership and support of the three major markets - North America, International, and Japan.
This position must communicate with all areas of the company and will interact on a regular basis with their product segment counterparts in the markets.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Develop, own, and execute the strategic marketing launch plan for a particular product line or category in close collaboration with the 3 major markets (North America, International, Japan) and relevant stakeholders throughout the Image Guided Therapy Business Group
- Enable and support Research & Development and programs running in late Concept & Feasibility through the PDLM Process, including goal setting, prioritization, and execution of programs
- Collect, implement and maintain global voice of customer (VOC) feedback to guide product development activities
- Lead cross functional teams and support global colleagues to execute and measure product and campaign launches
- Own all marketing deliverables identified in the design control process (PDLM), including launch forecasting and retirement plans
- Nurture working relationships with global key thought leaders (KTLs) to provide product and portfolio direction, research
- Collect and analyze information on competitive product offerings, including features, benefits, pricing, regulatory, clinical and marketing status and own competitive marketing as needed
- Analyze and report on global sales data and sales trends for assigned product line and all competitive products within the category, identifying variance to plan and where needed, driving plans to course correct
- Collaborate & support as needed, with global marketing counterparts, training & education, and Clinical Research teams on various topics including but not limited to clinical data, publications, marketing claims and marketing programs including but not limited to launch
You are a part of
Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal treatment at the point of care: measurement technology, procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to optimize therapy delivery. The IGT Devices organization consists of three segments: Coronary, Peripheral Vascular and Electrophysiology.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering, MBA a plus, with 3+ years of medical device/medical products marketing experience. Medical device sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a good understanding of the global medical environment to effectively respond to global market concerns and provide technical support for products
- Able to convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new marketing programs
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills
- Proficient software skills across all standard programs; Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the Philips General Business Principles
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards, seeking continuous improvement in ways of working to drive greater efficiency and purpose
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with distributed accountabilities and unclear precedents
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips - working cross functionally with R & D, on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people's lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top