Global Commodity Manager - Sensors
Job TitleGlobal Commodity Manager - Sensors
- Are you tuned in to innovation in the sensors industry?
- Are you passionate about "sourcing" the latest technologies to drive innovation?
- Have you built breakthrough commodity strategies to drive a robust supply base that can effectively contribute to Philips revenue?
- Can you build strategic supplier relationships based on key metrics?
- Do you want to work with a company that is #1 in innovation and offers tremendous growth opportunities?
If you answered yes to the above, then we have opportunities here at Philips that might be the right fit for you and your career.
As a Commodity Manager you take care for an assigned supply base. You work together with the commodity lead to develop and execute the global commodity strategy in order to deliver on the procurement KPI's and support the Philips business in attaining their goals and strategies as well.
- Co-develop, maintain and execute strategies sourcing initiative for the assigned supplier portfolio with the Electronics components (i.e. Sensors).
- Focus on assigned scope of suppliers and build a high-performing relationship with incumbent as well as potential new suppliers in order to serve current and future sourcing demands.
- With the supply base apply and take accountability for the Total Cost of Ownership of sourcing decisions to meet the defined requirements of a business or market entity. Accountability for Total Cost of Ownership includes material cost, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and procurement information/data management.
- Work closely with internal leadership and key stakeholders as well with the relevant leaders and key people from external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans.
- Full accountability for Bill-of-Material and Services costs, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and supply management information/data management, providing support and guidance to relevant procurement peers, building of supply market intelligence to support business and or market decisions.
- Utilize leading tools like Negotiation Excellence tooling & coaching, Design for Excellence toolsets and apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support material decisions on a continued basis.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the preferred high-performance supply base for the assigned scope.
- Responsible to represent Philips and its interests during supplier interactions, leading and managing supplier evaluations within the assigned scope.
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio, including gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned scope.
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop, maintain and execute)
- Ensure related risks are mapped, controlled and mitigated.
You will be part of a global commodity team consisting of commodity managers that continuously interface with other cutting edge companies and their technologies across the globe.
You will represent Philips in the supply industry and work closely together with your procurement counterpart in the business to fulfil their sourcing needs with top notch technology supply at the right price at the right quality and time.
You frequently interact with key persons and leadership in R&D Engineering, (product) Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations to secure supply to demand
You'll be part of a team that is committed to source the best for the various business lines of the company. You will become part of Philips that is committed to improving the lives of 3 billion people a year by the year 2025 through market-driven innovations in the HealthTech space.
Philips strives to deliver meaningful innovations that actually help our customers deal with their health in a meaningful way and are passionate in helping them improve their lives. We passionately collaborate across the company and offer our employees the challenges, responsibilities, coaching and learning opportunities needed for their personal and professional development. We believe in ample reward and special recognition for a job well done, and we welcome the cultural awareness, mutual understanding, open minds and out-of-the-box thinking that come from international multidisciplinary team working.
At Philips, you can accelerate your personal growth by being part of entrepreneurial teams, building a career designed for you and integrating work-life balance throughout your career with us.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5+ years knowledge and experience in procurement. Strategically managing and owning a supply base of leading supplier with preference in the area of sensors / semiconductor ICs.
- Good understanding and high interest in technology and knowledge of the sensors industry.
- Comfortable in working with a wide variety of disciplines such as R&D Engineering, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top