Global Commodity Manager - Analog (Semiconductors)
Job TitleGlobal Commodity Manager - Analog (Semiconductors)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Leverage your expertise as a procurement professional in the area of medical devices and your desire to have an impact on improving people's lives. Your experience in procurement of Analog components and strong relationship building skills will allow you to define strategy and drive for results.
You are responsible for
- Co-develop, maintain and execute strategies sourcing initiative for the assigned supplier portfolio with the commodity Analog (semi-conductors).
- Focus on assigned scope of suppliers and build a high-performing relationship with incumbent as well as potential new suppliers in order to serve current and future sourcing demands.
- With the supply base apply and take accountability for the Total Cost of Ownership of sourcing decisions to meet the defined requirements of a business or market entity. Accountability for Total Cost of Ownership includes material cost, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and procurement information/data management.
- Work closely with internal leadership and key stakeholders as well with the relevant leaders and key people from external suppliers to develop and implement strategic commodity plans.
- Full accountability for Bill-of-Material and Services costs, long term assurance of supply, supplier performance and selection and supply management information/data management, providing support and guidance to relevant procurement peers, building of supply market intelligence to support business and or market decisions.
- Utilize leading tools like Negotiation Excellence tooling & coaching, Design for Excellence toolsets and apply continuous improvement of processes and technologies that support material decisions on a continued basis.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the preferred high-performance supply base for the assigned scope.
- Responsible to represent Philips and its interests during supplier interactions, leading and managing supplier evaluations within the assigned scope.
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio, including gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned scope.
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop, maintain and execute)
- Ensure related risks are mapped, controlled and mitigated.
You are a part of
You will be part of a global commodity team consisting of commodity managers that continuously interface with other cutting edge companies and their technologies across the globe.
You will represent Philips in the supply industry and work closely together with your procurement counterpart in the business to fulfil their sourcing needs with top notch technology supply at the right price at the right quality and time.
You frequently interact with key persons and leadership in R&D Engineering, (product) Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations to secure supply to demand.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors / Masters degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5+ years knowledge and experience in procurement.
- Experience in strategically managing and owning a supply base of leading suppliers with preference in the area of Semiconductors
- Good understanding and high interest in technology and knowledge of the Analog
- Comfortable in working with a wide variety of disciplines such as R&D Engineering, Marketing, Quality & Regulatory, Legal and Operations
In return, we offer you
Join us and work in a dynamic environment with opportunities to contribute to a number of innovation topics and application areas in relation to healthcare solutions and services. You have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of your team. We offer a competitive benefits and salary package.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top