Complete training and acquire capability to perform steps 1- 4. Steps are organized in natural progression however, with the exception of step 4 they may be assigned in different order.
- Step 1: Entry level, train to set up the lathe as required and fabricate rotor sleeves.
- Step 2: Set up the lathe as required to fabricate header assemblies.
- Step 3: Set up the lathe as required and fabricate frames – Seal necks, bottoms and graded seals onto bulbs.
- Step 4: Become the trainer for steps 1, 2 & 3 (Able to train and develop the skills of other grade 8 team members).
- Train and develop glass working skills to meet production requirements.
- Help train and develop the skill levels of other team members as needed.
- Maintain compliance with 6S, TEDS and Safety requirements
- High School Graduate,
- Must have 3 to 5 years of glass blower experience. (Glass lathe experience is preferred).
- Must be able to read and write English and follow written procedures.
- Basic computer skills,
- Must have good record keeping and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate well with all levels of personnel, within the organization.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area/equipment per “6S” requirements.
- Must be detail oriented and have good eyesight.
Must be able to read dimensional drawings and use basic measuring tools, fixtures, and aids.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Requires standing, sitting, bending forward.
- Consistent use of arms, wrists and hands required to manipulate specialized hand tools used to shape hot glass.
- Lifting and carrying up to twenty (20) pounds.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top