GI Ultrasound Clinical Education Specialist - Classroom and Virtual Instruction Led Training (VILT) (Bothell, WA or Alpharetta, GA or Highland Hts, OH) (Open)
Job TitleGI Ultrasound Clinical Education Specialist – Classroom and Virtual Instruction Led Training (VILT) (Bothell, WA or Alpharetta, GA or Highland Hts, OH) (Open)
- GI Clinical Education Specialist – Classroom and Virtual Instruction Led Training (VILT)
- *Must reside in close proximity to one of these office locations:
Highland Heights, OH
This GI Clinical Education Specialist will provide training and education to Philips Ultrasound customers to enable the effective use of our ultrasound products and thereby contribute to the successful attainment of the ultrasound business targets. Delivery of these programs will be through classroom as well as Web Based / Virtual Instruction Led Training – VILT. Design and implement training and education programs for our internal and external customers working as an extension of the Learning Program Managers and with Product Marketing, Sales Support, PAS, and other teams, to ensure continuous and accelerated customer clinical growth, business success, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide the necessary education strategy and vision around Web Based education delivery to leadership in order to meet the business objectives and demands
- Responsible for supporting the development of Web Based Education programs to meet stated timelines, in a fashion in accordance with approved learning models, and to deliver these programs through the tools that Philips selects to support the web based education delivery. The development can include manuals, Power Point presentations, CD’s, Tech Tips, Computer Based Training modules, online tutorials and maintaining the modality specific curricula to reflect trends in a dynamic medical specialty
- Provide an engaging virtual education experience in which participants can connect with the content and interact with both the instructor and other classmates.
- Support classroom and onsite customer training & education when needed as well as to ensure clinical skill sets remain current to support VILT learning
- Must be able to facilitate, control, and monitor a full range of engagement tools including live conversation, chat, polls and quizzes and be able to incorporate tools for webinars, remote labs, and video conferencing.
- Collaborate with fellow Learning Program Managers to create vILT programs with a different approach than classroom or online asynchronous programs. The design must provide mechanisms to communicate frequently, and must keep the content engaging and collaborative. Visuals and interaction are paramount to promoting engagement and increasing training effectiveness.
- Must be skilled communicator in order to deliver compelling VILT.
- Analyze training needs of ultrasound customers and identify training gaps throughout the Americas Region that can be supported through Web Based Delivery
- Ensure all developed courses deliver consistent messages that are aligned with the department policies, strategies and business plans
- Act as a liaison with BIU, sales support, marketing, and Learning Program Managers to facilitate implementation of new ultrasound products
- Develop and manage project plans to create and deliver training content within defined timeframes
- Consistently deliver high level quality of education and training to both internal and external customers.
- Position yourself as a consultant to both internal and external customers, and be comfortable and confident is upselling / recommending education programs to customers
- Communicate regularly with local, zone and management teams.
- Responsible for all communications with customers regarding vILT course registration, learner expectations, technical issue, etc.
- Responsible for documenting effective vILT delivery techniques and training subject matter experts such as keynote speakers and physicians on effective vILT delivery techniques.
- Must work effectively with other departments and/or vendors (PLC, Arkadin) to ensure successful deployment of programs.
- Routinely strategizes with internal team prior to educational/training events
- Trainings are well-planned and customized to deal with areas of interest on behalf of the customer
- Utilizes corporate and team resources to address specific customer issues
- Communicates customer reactions and concerns to service & sales team members and management
- Understands Customer Requirements and Provide Consultancy – Utilizes discipline and critical thinking in the definition and analysis of customer needs and proposes solutions to those issues.
- Actively seeks information regarding customer interests/needs prior to and during the training
- Through questioning, assists customers in prioritizing needs and requirements
- Keeps key stakeholders, internally and externally, informed and aware
- Adapts approach and style to cultural (organizational and national) and personality style variants
- Exhibits superior technical, clinical, and presentation skills at all times
- Professionally handle objections and questions
- Finds solutions that meet business, clinical and personal needs
- Utilizes corporate resources to address specific customer issues
- Utilizes product knowledge to effectively position features and capabilities that represent solutions to customer needs
GI Position Requirements: Must have at least 5 years clinical experience as ARDMS or CCI registered sonographer
Registry required: RDMS in Abdomen and or OB/GYN
Registry preferred: RVT and or RDCS
Thorough understanding of: Advanced clinical applications and 3D/4D as it applies to General Imaging and Obstetrics and Gynecology
Working knowledge of: 3D/4D acquisition, manipulation and quantification along with extensive anatomical knowledge as related to modality
Thorough understanding of any of the following applications is preferred: MSK ultrasound, Fetal echocardiography and or Breast ultrasound
Previous classroom teaching experience preferred
Previous presentation experience required
Participation in clinical research preferred
Previous leadership experience preferred
Commercial medical equipment business or sales experience preferred
May require more than 25% travel time.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top