Function Development Engineer Intern
Job TitleFunction Development Engineer Intern
Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovations. Working at Philips Personal Health puts you at the heart of FMCG markets, introducing meaningful innovations that set new trends. We take the end-user experience beyond what's currently possible.
The Garment Care division in Singapore is the global competence center for Philips & is a product developer of Steam iron, Ironing board and Garment steamers. Philips is the number one & best-selling brand of irons in the world and the innovation team develops new technologies and investigate potential growth areas for Philips. Every innovation starts with understanding the world around us and is aimed to improve the quality of people's lives.
Overview of Internship
The Garment Care division is now recruiting for 4 Function Development Engineer interns to join the team to support the development of new function/feature development in steam irons.
The interns will have the opportunity to work with the Function Development team on the following areas:
- Generate ideas of new product function / feature that provides value-add to consumers
- Develop shortlisted ideas into executable concepts for prototyping, functional testing, user evaluation & reliability assessment
- Assisting in testing & data acquisition for analysis & decision making on promising ideas into feasible product / product features.
- Prepare development progress & technical reports on coating formulas and process parameters
To be considered, you should possess the following:
- Currently pursuing a relevant engineering discipline i.e. Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Strong interest in idea creation & new product design
- Ability to innovate & improvise mockup ideas/concepts for evaluation
- Hands-on experience with small tools & equipment, plastics/metals, small signal board/power board
- Good knowledge of both mechanical & electrical engineering modules will be an advantage
- Excel data analytical & programming skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
Due to the diversity of this internship, you can be assured that it will be a great learning opportunity. This internship allows you to apply academic theory to actual work place situations which will enable your career making decision post-graduation. To apply for the role, please submit your application via the web link.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
; Programming skill
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top