Function Development Engineer
Function Development Engineer
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
At Philips Oral Healthcare, we are committed to helping each employee reach his or her own personal goals for development through mentoring/coaching programs, trainings, stretch assignments etc.
You work in a team in close cooperation with marketing, the product development team and the product researchers. You always safeguard our trusted values regarding consumer-centric meaningful innovation. This team will support product development in our Oral healthcare division.
You will be responsible for:
- Front-end-innovation and pre-development process including translating and communicating commercial, functional and design specifications into the realization of new functions, processes and/or innovative products.
- Identify physical principles necessary to deliver targeted user benefits, development of the verification methods and instrumentation and overseeing the verification of embodiments of physical principles against requirements
- Provide the identification and development of methods to characterize and optimize functional parameters
- Support the development of methods and instrumentation to verify the clinical efficacy of embodiments (technology demonstrator) to deliver user benefits (experimental, confirmatory or claim substantiation style)
- Safeguarding functionality, performance, quality, reliability and manufacturability of products;
- Finding and generating knowledge (external and internal) in one of the following domains, electromagnetics, physics, acoustics, sound or vibration.
- Actively maintaining and increasing level of knowledge in defined domain and making available in the departments in a way that is accessible for others;
- Lead as key competence resource for the organization
- Generating necessary input for roadmap and strategy discussions and driving those discussions;
- Cooperating with colleagues and other departments and able to influence people and help build a team.
- Work with Market Communication and external Advertising agencies to accurately communicate benefits to sales force and consumers
First of all, you are creative and analytical. In addition, you are a team player and you have excellent coordination and communication skills. We would like to meet you if you also meet the following criteria:
- You have a masters or doctorate degree(or 6 years of exp. beyond degree with Master's level degree) in one of the following fields: physics, system science, acoustics, electrical, computer, or mechanical engineering,
- Preferred 5+ years of experience in the field of early product development;
- You have a broad technical interest and are eager to learn and explore new fields ;
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development and analysis techniques;
- You show passion for (complex) technical puzzles, always working towards thorough understanding and knowledge build-up by determining theoretical or empirical modeling their working
- You are quality driven and experience with Design for Six Sigma is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- You have experience in translating modules and concepts into architectural options;
- You are pro-active and persistent in achieving goals and cross-functional improvements.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits not provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to this location
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top