Job TitleFront-End Developer
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people's lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.
We're looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to lead the design and development of the user interface for our Choose Your Mask site.
This position within R&D provides you the opportunity to lead the development for the site. You will work closely with other Developers and with R&D management to define the design and strategy for all UI enhancements. You will need to also work closely with the market-facing team (and customers) to understand how our solution is used in the field.
The Philips' Sleep and Respiratory Care (SRC) Business provides a comprehensive solution for patients with chronic respiratory issues, especially when they are asleep. Our Sleep Diagnsotics team is a small, but focused team working on many different applications and projects. You'll be one of the leaders of the R&D team responsible for extending this solution and building out our exciting new site.
- Lead the Choose Your Mask front-end development in Angular-JS in the following ways:
- Research and select tools, libraries and workflows to enable the UI Developers to write and test efficiently.
- Establish best coding and testing patterns for the existing UI code
- Assume core-contributor role on the key infrastructure modules and establish good gatekeeping practices.
- Establish best source code labelling, branching, build and deploy processes
- Setting and maintaining best practices for automated unit, contract and component-level testing.
- Representing UI concerns and providing high-level estimates for UI related tasks in planning meetings with Marketing, Project Management and QA.
- Contribute to other diagnostics projects as demand and time necessitate.
Here at Philips WE ARE Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what's next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
- At least five years of professional experience building interactive and responsive web applications using web standard technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, CS, Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrable experience and fluency with AngularJS and Node.js.
- Demonstrable experience with object oriented design and implementation in a language such as C# or Java.
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Strong experience working with Restful APIs.
- Experience with UI testing frameworks, CSS frameworks and Node.js.
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience with CloudFoundry, AWS, Docker or similar.
- User Experience (UX) analysis/design and/or healthcare development background.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top