Job TitleFirmware Engineer
Connected Sensing Venture
The Connected Sensing Venture is designed to serve and enable our HealthTech customers and Philips businesses to capture the emerging value in the increasingly digital, connected world of wearable monitoring. The Venture will work to collaborate across HealthTech to re-imagine, develop and deliver connected sensing solutions for our professional customers.
All around us, we are experiencing a transformation in how healthcare is delivered and consumed. Industry experts believe that wearables and connected bio-sensing solutions will help solve critical clinical challenges; the ones that are increasing preventable suffering, anxiety and costing billions of dollars every year.
Key Area of Responsibilities:
The Firmware Engineer will be a member of the Product Development team in the Connected Sensing Venture.
- Applying state of the art techniques to develop embedded firmware for very low-power, battery powered systems consisting of a mixture of analog, digital and RF circuitry in highly integrated, low power sensor/RF embedded designs
- Develop and implement software designs and/or algorithms
- Create software documentation, including product and software requirements, software designs, test plans and test reports
- Plan and execute software verification activities including specification reviews, design reviews, code reviews, unit (white box) tests, function (black box) tests, integration tests, ad hoc debugging and HW/SW interface debugging.
- Write requirements, specifications, verification and validation plans reports and summaries of development projects and tasks
- Maintain software engineering procedures and environment as required. Activities include work instruction preparation, software tools qualification and validation, and configuration of development environment.
- Actively participate on cross-functional and cross-organizational project teams through all phases of product development to ensure successful execution of innovative, best-in-class designs
- BS degree in software engineering, computer science or related field
- 3+ years engineering / R&D experience in a rigorous quality-focused environment
- Experience developing firmware for portable, low-power products in embedded systems
- Experience with wireless communication solutions such as Bluetooth LE, NFC, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Superior debugging and/or troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work independently given high-level direction
- Proven ability to produce high quality design outputs in a timely manner
- Excellent requirements, specification, test plan/report writing skills
- Knowledge of product development methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of verification and validation testing methodologies
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional and cross-organizational relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Startup experience, working in a fast paced development environment
- LabVIEW experience
- Medical, or other regulated industry, device development experience
- Solid understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for medical devices
- Developing software to meet IEC 62304
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification or experience
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to [email protected]
Back to top