Financial Solutions Specialist
Job TitleFinancial Solutions Specialist
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
The Financial Solutions Specialist (FSS) acts as a representative of the company in promoting our value added finance platform and in supporting our sales initiatives with the Customers and our cash collection initiatives set forth by Philips. The FSS collaborates with Sales, Sales Management, National Accounts, Product Management, Credit, Collections and directly with Customers to meet a forecasted set of goals and objectives.
You are responsible for
- Establish relationships with Customers and serve as their advocate with Sales, internal Credit and Collections function and external third party financing partners
- Develop targeted, customer specific, financing solutions to satisfy both corporate sales, cash collections, and account receivable objectives.
- Work with Leasing Operations in expediting third party Leasing Partner approvals and with Credit and Collections in jointly managing the Customer financing plan
- Manage relationship with third party Leasing Partners in order to facilitate granting lines of credit, non-recourse credit approvals, mitigate blind discounts and implement promotions and improvements.
- Act as resource for the Sales Force in proactively providing education, training, and necessary sales support.
- Provide feedback from customers, sales, internal resources, and others and formulate recommendations an action plans on how to improve the program
- Participate in meetings / reviews with sales and third party leasing partners to challenge and enhance are current value proposition
- Develop a path of individual improvement of their skill set through the various Philips education offerings in an ongoing development of growth and promotion within Philips
You are a part of
As a global leader in the sleep and respiratory markets, we're passionate about providing solutions that lead to healthier patients, practices, and businesses. For us, innovation in sleep apnea management, oxygen therapy, noninvasive ventilation, and respiratory drug delivery is driven by gaining insight into the needs of our customers. You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative, one of kind financial team supporting this fascinating business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Minimum of 5 year of related experience in financial services / credit management or a combination of industry sales / operational related skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Sales and Marketing, or associated discipline is preferred. Master's degree, or equivalent, is a plus.
- Negotiating: Strong relationship management, negotiation and finance skills
- Teaming: Ability to build alliances with both external and internal Customers
- Job Skills & Knowledge: Financial acumen; including knowledge of financial structuring and credit evaluation.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, as well as analytical skills.
- Team Oriented: Team orientation and the ability to work within a group towards a mutual goal and demonstrate leadership skill when applicable
- Self Starter: Self-responsibility and be a self-starter in developing opportunities and leads. Ability to work remotely and independently Creativity: Ability to create, design, develop and implement unique financing structurers and solutions.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 40% of the time within the assigned territory also extending to Philips locations beyond territory boundaries.
- Competitive / Goal Oriented: Have a history of obtaining or surpassing set goals with a competitive mindset of adding additional value. Pursue targeted opportunities rigorously and with a high degree of urgency, and ensure that all prospecting activities are maintained within an internal CRM system.
- Technology and Organization: Currently proficient in the Microsoft suite with the ability to generate monthly / quarterly sales forecast with the knowledge discipline and value of utilizing a CRM. SAP familiarity a plus but not a requirement
- Presentation Skills: Able to develop presentations tailored to opportunity and audience with the added ability of professionally communicating the presentation to a wide variety of audiences.
In return, we offer you
Working in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges. As part of our HealthTech – focused company, you will be responsible for successfully dealing with and managing Philips relationships with approval agencies such as the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top