Financial Ops Billing Supervisor B2B & B2C
- Nashville, TN
Financial Ops Billing Supervisor B2B & B2C
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Oversee the day-to-day activities of financial operations billing representatives for Philips' Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) transactions. In addition, this role will provide direction and guidance to team members to ensure that customers receive excellent service and ensure there are no billing issues or implications.
You are responsible for
- Planning the daily activities of the billing team to ensure all revenue cycle activities are performed in a timely manner for Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Customer (B2C) transactions
- Utilizing monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days, filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement and establish and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Obtaining authorizations for services and enter authorization, insurance, and demographics accurately and timely
- Accurate and timely entry of CPT and diagnosis codes and the relevant authorizations to ensure clean claims are released
- Communicating proactively of billing issues
- Ensuring all claims are submitted with a goal of zero errors
- Verifying completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits
- Responding to inquiries from case managers, insurance companies, patients and providers and internal customers such as sales
- Attending monthly staff meetings and continuing educational sessions as requested
- Preparing and presenting reports on Revenue Cycle activities for management
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
You are a part of
The Philips GBS Nashville hub has experienced significant growth in the Greater Nashville area since the original announcement of adding 800+ jobs in 2017. Philips is a global leader in health technology, and we are looking to build the team in Nashville with passionate, inspirational, collaborative, and diverse professionals empowering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2030.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates Degree in Medical Billing and Coding or Accounting, is preferred or a combination of 2 years of relevant work experience in the medical billing field
- 5+ years of billing experience, preferably with Medicaid and Managed Care reimbursement
- 5+ years of supervisory experience or a minimum of 2 year of experience operating as a senior team member or in a team lead capacity
- Computer experience is essential, must be technically savvy and comfortable using software, including, but not limited to: billing software, MS Office, Insurance Portals, and Electronic Claims Submissions. High aptitude to learn new programs, system integrations, and business processes.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships with various Insurance payers
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum entitled reimbursement
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients
- Strong work ethic with proven track record of accuracy, dependability and consistency
- Must be able to think independently, have strong problem solving skills, and have a continuous improvement mentality
- Team player, ability to gain the cooperation of other in pursuit of company
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to act as a role model and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to the Greater Nashville area.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223 , option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jen D.Campaign Manager
Jen oversees the creation and implementation of sales and marketing campaigns in an effort to support Philips’ agents in the field.
Back to top