Field Service Engineer (X-Ray/CT ) - Reno, Nevada
Field Service Engineer (X-Ray/CT ) - Reno, Nevada
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support Philips Imaging Systems business in the greater Reno, Nevada area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements. This position is an entry level position for an employee with limited experience. The focus is learning how to provide an outstanding customer experience, become a viable team member and quickly get up to speed with technical expertise. The Field Service Engineer will learn to work independently as well as in a team environment while under direct supervision.
You are responsible for
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Adopts best practices and actively participates as a member of regional work team.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory time frames including time sheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently and diagnose and resolve any electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
You are a part of
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you'll benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, or two year formal education combined with appropriate high tech related experience
- 1 + years of experience servicing electronic and/or biomedical equipment required; healthcare field service environment is preferred.
- 2 + years of experience working with imaging systems and/or multi-vendor is a plus
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, medical test equipment.
- Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- May work from ladders or scaffolding, on occasion.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Regularly speaks, hears, and views computers.
- Frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift or carry up to 100 pounds, with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- Occasionally twist, and crawl.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and extended reach.
- Regular grasping and repetitive hand movements.
- Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hat, hard toed shoes, and medical rubber gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the Customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties.
- Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa for this opportunity.
* The preferred location for this opening in the Reno area.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox . Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Back to top