Field Service Engineer - Long Island, NY
Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
You will support the Philips Connected Care - Hospital Patient Monitoring (HPM) business as a Field Service Engineer based in the Long Island, NY area. As part of the service delivery organization, you will WOW your customers using technical knowledge to deploy integrated IT solutions for patient monitoring, wired and wireless telemetry and networking infrastructure equipment in both clinical and non-clinical environments to ensure optimal and continuous patient care services.
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips' purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you'll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Long Island - NY. The territory for this opening is for NY Nassau and Suffolk Counties (Nassau: Hempstead, North Hempstead, and Oyster Bay towns. Glen Cove and Long Beach Cities. Sufflock : Babylon, Brookhaven, Huntington, East Hampton). Will back-up other areas, as needed.
You are responsible for
- Building, configuring, testing, installing and upgrade based on system design and equipment specification.
- Complete break-fix services, repairs, calibration, and Preventative Maintenance (PMs) to resolve customer equipment issues.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues and offer proactive technical support remotely and in person.
- Partnering with sales, clinical and marketing teams to support activities for service revenue attainment to grow business in the given geography.
- Providing equipment in-service, demo set-up, presentations and leads on new contracts and contract renewals.
- Implementing Field Change Orders and modifications.
- Using appropriate tools to document service activities and manage parts and inventory of company assets.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned
The Philips Connected Care - Hospital Patient Monitoring (HPM) business. This division of Philips specializes in the installation and service of patient monitoring devices, networks, and telemetry systems to avoid and reduce complications and improve the care delivery process across the entire hospital. As hospital environments become more integrated, the service organization is looking to expand its ability to install and service complex networks, as well as consult with customers on high-end integrations.
You will benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a "One Team" culture, you'll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable.
To succeed in this role, you'll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Bachelor's in computer science, electronics, biomedical or other related disciplines and/or equivalent combination of education and 3+ years of professional working experience in the healthcare/IT technologies or electronics industry, preferably in a field service and/or hospital environment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification and network troubleshooting experience is required (must obtain CCNA within 4 months from start of employment).
- Microsoft patching experience highly preferred. Microsoft and other certifications are desirable - Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), VMWare.
- Experience with medical devices such as patient monitoring, telemetry units, ventilators, and defibrillators highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanical devices, tools, and test equipment; must possess demonstrated skills in using oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuit boards, processors and computer hardware including applications, programming, and systems functionality.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunication systems required.
- PC competency, to include basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record that is compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy.
- Average driving is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air or train may be required.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from a home office location.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, biological agents, and loud noise.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment and wireless networks.
- Frequently using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and medical test equipment; regularly speaking, hearing, and viewing computers.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds, with assistance available.
- Frequently standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and extending reach. Occasionally twisting and crawling.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working - embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration . We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
Philips is an Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran and maintains a drug-free workplace.