Field Service Engineer (Indianapolis, IN)
Field Service Engineer (Indianapolis, IN)
Field Service Engineer III (Indianapolis, IN)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Install, service, repair and support highly technical electronic and laser equipment at customer sites worldwide ensuring the operational quality of all company products and complete customer satisfaction. This position provides technical phone support to co-workers on the operation and troubleshooting of all company equipment, tools and systems.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Evaluate, diagnose and repair a wide variety of system and equipment malfunctions and provides preventive maintenance on equipment for customers within the assigned territory; May provide service on equipment in other territories or trade shows as assigned by Management
- Serve as liaison between customer and Management on standard service related and technical matters. Also responsible for providing feedback on Customer Satisfaction on all company products and services
- Provide on-site direction to customers on the operation and maintenance aspects of assigned equipment. Understand technical specifications and is able to communicate these as well as the FDA approved indications for use for all company products
- Provide training to all customers and company staff on the safe operation, function and operation of company equipment on an annual basis
- Perform administrative duties such as preparation of service, travel, expense reports, service reports, shipping forms, HazMat Shipping and RMA's. Assists other department personnel with the completion of these documents
- Required to follow all company standard operating procedures (SOP's) and technical bulletins (TB's) for each service function assigned
- Schedule all travel arrangements according to company policy. Ensure that the most cost-effective services for travel are utilized and that service calls are grouped together whenever possible
- Required to effectively communicate and coordinate activities with the Operations group and members of the Sales Team regarding all demonstrations, training, preventive and emergency calls
- Responsible for the sales of service agreements and time and materials calls to all sites within the assigned region
- May assist with the identification and resolution of design problems and equipment enhancements
- May assist in developing strategic plans and objectives for the department that are consistent with corporate goals
- May assist in the recruiting and training of new field service personnel and recommends promotions for field service personnel
You are a part of
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you'll benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education. At least 5 years' experience in diagnostic imaging, preferably in a field service environment. BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top