Field Service Engineer
Job TitleField Service Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to play a lead role in supporting the technical needs of Philips customers and customer service partners.
Working collaboratively with the wider organization to provide exceptional service to our customers, services include corrective & preventative maintenance, commissioning & installation of equipment and software & hardware upgrades to products within the Imaging Systems portfolio both on-site and remotely.
Philips are continuously seeking candidates for Field Service Engineer positions. We are hosting a recruitment day on the 24th of October 2017. Typical positions can vary from covering the NW, NE OR Midlands, and would be responsible for a single modality such as X-Ray, MRI, CT or Ultrasound.
These opportunities could be suitable for experienced medical imaging system engineers, individuals leaving the armed-forces, or those experienced in imaging systems within different industries wishing to move into the medical device field.
You are responsible for;
The Field Service Engineer will operate at an advanced technical level to provide expert advice & solutions to our customers and colleagues. Your responsibilities will include;
Acting as point of technical escalation within your modality(s) for remote and field based engineers to reach timely resolution to customer issues
- Maintaining up to date, proficient knowledge, use of all customer services tools and applications
- Actively participate in an ongoing rotation with the Remote support team, providing customers with direct remote support.
- Take a lead role within the modalities trained to support the development of engineers, through collaboration and face to face coaching
- Carry out Corrective, Preventative, Installation and Field Change order activities on complex healthcare systems.
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware and software system failures using established procedures and information.
- Contribute towards technical knowledge sharing through ongoing collaboration with field and remote colleagues
- Determine most cost effective repair/solution to minimise customer downtime.
- Take a lead in managing and supporting technical escalations through to resolution ensuring all stakeholders are continually updated of progress according to the company process
- Maintain a high level of knowledge through continual training and development to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained
- Takes responsibility and ownership for self-development to ensure technical and behavioural skills meet our customer requirements
- Maintain a high level of administration compliance adhering to reporting and administration procedures in a timely and efficient manner to meet regulatory requirements
- Ensure all company property including test equipment, tools and spare parts are handled and stored in a safe and careful manner
You are a part of team of field service engineers and would report into the regional Service Delivery Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Experienced logical problem solver with ability to work independently
- Experienced in servicing high-end technical equipment
- Degree in Electro-mechanical engineering
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Competent in IT/Network diagnosis/system connectivity/Remote service
- Comprehensive PC Skills
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this field-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Grant markets the sophisticated Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He helps customers find the best oral hygiene routine and creates meaningful consumer experiences, from launch to purchase.
Back to top