Field Service Engineer - CT
Job TitleField Service Engineer - CT
In this role, you have the opportunity to support the technical needs of our customers, delivering corrective and preventative maintenance, installation and upgrades to Imaging Systems equipment within the medical setting.
This position will be covering North London and surrounding areas.
You are responsible for;
- Provide field based and remote technical support to customers and colleagues in line with relevant training and experience.
- Maintain up to date and proficient knowledge and use of all customer services tools and applications
- Actively participate in an ongoing rotation with the Remote support team, providing customers with direct remote support.
- Carry out Corrective, Preventative, installation and Field Change order activities on complex healthcare systems.
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware and software system failures using established procedures and information.
- Contribute towards technical knowledge sharing through ongoing collaboration with field and remote colleagues
- Determine most cost effective repair/solution to minimise customer downtime.
- Effectively participate and take appropriate ownership for escalations ensuring all stakeholders are continually updated of progress.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge through continual training and development to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained
- Maintain a high level of administration compliance adhering to reporting and paperwork procedures in a timely and efficient manner to meet regulatory requirements
- (SWO, Parts, Service history)
- Ensure all company property including test equipment , tools and spare parts are handled and stored in a safe and careful manner
You are a part of a team of 16 field service engineers, reporting into the South-East Service Delivery Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Logical problem solver able to work independently
- Experience in a field based engineering role
- Understand and drive Remote strategy to best support our customers
- Process knowledge across multi-modality and diverse product ranges
- Understands and has knowledge of equipment range and its operation
- Recognise new technologies and adapt to daily working
- Relevant qualification via apprenticeship or NVQ
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Competent in IT/Network diagnosis/system connectivity/Remote service
- Comprehensive PC Skills
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to enhance patient experience through accurate and timely diagnosis using our imaging systems. Your career can develop your technical expertise, and enable you to become a subject matter expert, or you can take a path towards people management. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV's as way of introduction.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected]
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Jose engineers the specific system level requirements for the Philips Sonicare oral healthcare products. He makes certain the detailed design of each device over-delivers on customer expectations every time.
Back to top