Field Service Engineer (Boston, MA)
Field Service Engineer (Boston, MA)
Field Service Engineer (Boston, MA)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support Philips Imaging Systems business in the Boston, MA area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adherence to state and federal regulatory requirements.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
You are responsible for
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Begins to gain understanding of customer's business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with service portfolio.
- Adopt best practices.
- Proactively schedule activities and make yourself available to assist others.
- Seek out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools).
- Actively participate as a member of regional work team.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adhere to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manage company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Perform all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities.
- Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Assist in service call process and progress to the ability to resolve customer issues independently.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently.
You are a part of
Working as part of our Global Sales and Service organization, you'll benefit from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Associates Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment
- BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred
- Knowledge of computers and networking
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record that is in compliance with Philips' Fleet Policy
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical and networking theory to install, diagnose and repair equipment including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment. Understanding of mechanical theory preferred
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment preferred
- Strong organizational skills, self-disciplined and the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively operate in a team driven environment to achieve assigned goals and objectives
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast pace environment.
- Understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we're used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Meet Some of Philips's Employees
Software Engineer—Cambridge, MA
Ankita works with the Innovation Group to develop software which assists Philips customers, improving the day-to-day workflows of clinicians so that they can concentrate on their patients.
Back to top